ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255141
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Run on sentence...geez

this is just another misconception about Christians, we know just as much as atheist, the only difference is that we believe god created the big bang and atheist have no idea where the matter came from,

1. I would not even say that some Christians believe that "god created the big bang."

2. Just because you believe that your Christian god created all that you know, does not mean every other theory in SCIENCE is wrong. Atheists can prescribe to any school of thought they choose.

their are christian scientist, why are their always ignorant atheist thinking where back in Jesus time?

What does that even mean? "Think we are back in Jesus time?"
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

we know just as much as atheist

I'll agree with you there.

Though this ^ makes this belief...
that we believe god created the big bang

Irrational.
TeamChaos
TeamChaos
4 posts
Nomad

How is it irrational? I could also say that the Earth being round is irrational, but where would that get me? Someones views on religion cannot be irrational, if the person is sane. Try to have some sense, k?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Is it always wrong to be impractical?

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Be that as it may, I am also allowed to express my distaste, esspecially when someone is arrogant enough to act like a superior just because of their belief system.

Due to your ignorant stereotypical opinionated comments they might feel they must state their superiority.
Is it always wrong to be impractical?

It's wrong to be practical.
1. I would not even say that some Christians believe that "god created the big bang."

Apparently some do, since tom is one of them.
2. Just because you believe that your Christian god created all that you know, does not mean every other theory in SCIENCE is wrong. Atheists can prescribe to any school of thought they choose.

You state this, but you make puns about how christians believe in falseness. Multiple christians grasp other theories.
I'll agree with you there

Woot woot, mage agrees.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

How is it irrational? I could also say that the Earth being round is irrational, but where would that get me?

The Earth's shape is based on observation so no. Since it was stated that Christians know as much as atheists and atheists admittedly say we don't know then this statement is saying Christians also don't know. Leaving no reasonable basis for believing god did it, thus irrational.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

The Earth's shape is based on observation so no

How do you know that the observing methods aren't irrational and based on hoax?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

How do you know that the observing methods aren't irrational and based on hoax?

It's based on evidences that's been independently verified. As for it being a hoax or not. Beside the fact I can go out run the same initial experiment that made this prediction in the first place and come to the same results. It would be rather unlikely to be a hoax when you consider the sheer number of people and nations involved.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

It would be rather unlikely to be a hoax when you consider the sheer number of people and nations involved.

What if this is one of the factors of the hoax. What if the sheer number of people is a lie, and each nation thinks the other nation has seen it.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I've started a thread, "Ice Age and Noah's Flood, is there a connection?". I included the following editorial there because I find this research fascinating. I included this same editorial here because it does have relevance since I believe God created all things.

"Beyond Design", Origins by, R.D.Tkachuck

Until we who hold to the creationist views can demonstrate that creation/flood theory can better predict results in unknown areas, that the theory allows one to design better experiments, then we must accept, at least partially, the charge that we are not really scientists.

Origins is a journal devoted to creation/flood theory research. In it we have attempted and will continue to attempt to make a sound contribution toward a rational and careful development of theory with predictive value. Failure to do so will result in having a group of people talking to themselves about meaningless things.

I may not respond quickly so feel free to contact my profile.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

What if this is one of the factors of the hoax. What if the sheer number of people is a lie, and each nation thinks the other nation has seen it.

Are you seriously debating whether or not the world is round -_-'
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Your looking down the barrel of a massive face palm here.
But for some perspective here's a list astronauts who would have to be in on it if this was a hoax. This of course excludes the numerous others who would also have to be involved as well of course.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronauts_by_name
Now that's 547 people and would only be the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

Anyway even if I didn't have photos, eye witness testimonies or any of the other bits of info from any nations space program I can still run an experiment myself and come to the same conclusion.

Is it really that hard to understand how this works?
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Look to the horizon... The world is round unless the whole world is a hoax, and therefore most of you are a hoax and this is a big computer simulation like the matrix.

Which in either case does not prove that believing in god is rational?!?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

[quote]Is it always wrong to be impractical?

It's wrong to be practical. [/quote]

Is it always wrong though?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Not always. Though I'm sure we could make cases for both sides.

Showing 1186-1200 of 1849