ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255423
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I am happy with my poor public school education. Whatever my career will be, wether it will be A lawyer or flippin burgers, THAT is what I will try to expand my knowlegde in. Not stuff that I don't really need to know.

Seeing as you don't know what you will be then it would seem reasonable to expand your knowledge in every aspect.
Chuckleluck
Chuckleluck
74 posts
Nomad

And because the supernatural is untestable, it cannot be proven to be the 'truth' in rational science.

That's why we must have faith.
thisISanalt
thisISanalt
72 posts
Nomad

No problem with hedging your bets, especially with something like knowledge, and getting more of it.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

That's why we must have faith

And that's why faith is not considered part of rational science, and why faith is more of a biased attempt at truth than a logical approach.
armordude321
armordude321
59 posts
Nomad

i do not get this topic

Ithikhar
Ithikhar
60 posts
Shepherd

So BeastMode10, does that mean you don't believe in faith?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

hey, nobodys perfect right?
And ok, so what if you were in a life death situation (natural cause, like a car crash etc..) and the person helping you was scared, making his adrenaline slow and pretty much whack, or would you have someone who is angry, has much adrenaline flowing and brute strength because of so?
Madness is ABUSED by mankind, it wasn't brought here to be used just because, it was brought here for saving lives... in action movies, who saves the day? The computer nerd who is scared to even grab a gun?, or the tough guy who gets angry?
That's my thought.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Can't speak for BeastMode, but I would say it's the reason why I find faith to be useless for determining what's real and what's not.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

If we use faith to determine what is real we end up losing ourselves in a dellusion of ignorance. It is only through logic and a scientific mind that we will grow intellectually. Though we must have faith in ourselves to acheive our ends, not some magical man who lives in the sky.

dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

If we use faith to determine what is real we end up losing ourselves in a dellusion of ignorance. It is only through logic and a scientific mind that we will grow intellectually. Though we must have faith in ourselves to acheive our ends, not some magical man who lives in the sky.

You know your'e smartness doesn't really make sense to me
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

You know your'e smartness doesn't really make sense to me

Oh that was all very sincere. The last part a little sarcastic, but other than that...

However, since you've brought it up, I'll explain myself. Religion is one big lie and it makes people believe incredibly stupid things without a shread of proof or individual thought.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

wolf, I agree with you there. I find religion to be an ancient, out-dated tool that we no longer need.

I am, however, finding an interest in Noetic Science

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Interesting. Conciousness has always fascinated me.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

What Mage said. Faith may be useful as motivation in certain circumstances, but otherwise, its a poor gauge on truth, and will otherwise lead our society to a state of delusion.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Hear hear!

Showing 1231-1245 of 1849