ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255468
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Revan, this is a debate forum. We try to use credible sources, not vague opinions to make points. If you are not going to participate properly, please do not at all.

LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

Vague Opinions? What do you mean?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Stating that God told you he loves you. This is not a credible statement. You may believe that, which is just fine. But we would not get anywhere in debate if we only spoke of beliefs with no evidence to back it up.

LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

Oh, Well, He did. But sure, I agree; no one else is going to believe that.. But here's something that does pertain:

I can think of only one time where God himself describes God himself; he simply said "I am that I am" Him being a loving God is never something he spoke of himself, but instead his followers of him. 'I am that I am' implies that God is what he is. Yes, He's killed people, destroyed cities, and, yes, he allowed sin into the world. But what I never forget: He still made me. And he still saves me.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I can think of only one time where God himself describes God himself; he simply said "I am that I am" Him being a loving God is never something he spoke of himself, but instead his followers of him. 'I am that I am' implies that God is what he is. Yes, He's killed people, destroyed cities, and, yes, he allowed sin into the world. But what I never forget: He still made me. And he still saves me.

Again, Revan, you are speaking of things that cannot be backed up evidence. There is not a single stitch of credible evidence for the existence of God, and especially of him "speaking to the people."

That being said, there is also no viable proof that he doesn't exist. But that is essentially what we are debating about, that and other things related.
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

I was debating against people saying things like "If he's so good and loving, why is there bad in the world?" Which is essentially what the thread stated at the beginning, not to whether or not he exists.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I was debating

Lesson 1 on improper usage. This:

Hey, God Loves me, and nothing you can say or do will dissuade me from that. I know it's true. And I hope that all you non-believers live a happy life; Just so you know, I'm praying for you.

is not debating.

Oh, Well, He did.

Are you sure it wasn't a vicious fever or an overdose of peyote?

. . . anyway, what you are doing is stating your beliefs. No more, no less. There is no debate going on here, aside from Ash and now me debating that you're not debating.
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

I was referring to the part where I did debate, thank you. And I'm not going to pass up a chance to tell people about my beliefs; its what I do.

But, I have more important things to do now than attempt to persuade atheists that God is real over the internet. So, thanks for the debate (And the 'non-debate' parts, I guess...); It's always refreshing to talk about my beliefs.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Sanalt, covered it pretty well, all except one thing.

Are you sure it wasn't a vicious fever or an overdose of peyote?

Could have been a knock to the temporal lobe, too!
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

Yes, that was it. I was hit with a baseball in the temporal lobe, and suddenly I had voice in my thoughts that told me that God loved me. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Had to throw that out there; seriously, bye.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The listed options are characteristics that are prescribed to the notion of God, because they are supposedly what makes God, God.

yes those things are applied to God but not all gods will have those characteristics. For instance some of the Greek pantheon gods/goddesses wouldn't fit any of those criteria.

Yes, He's killed people, destroyed cities, and, yes, he allowed sin into the world.

Since you prescribe that your God is so cruel and blood thirsty, why would you following him? Such a being who would go around killing on mass is not a being to be worshiped.

But what I never forget: He still made me. And he still saves me.

How so? Was your mom and dad having some sort of threesome with God?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, take it up with Dr. Parsinger. In his book, Neuropsychological Bases of God Beliefs, he has hypothesized that the personal religious experience with God is a result of stimulation of the temporal lobes of the brain caused by micro-seizures, oftentimes the results of overwhelming physiological stress and anxiety, or even injury.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

yes those things are applied to God but not all gods will have those characteristics. For instance some of the Greek pantheon gods/goddesses wouldn't fit any of those criteria

Are we speaking of mythological gods/goddesses or are we more or less talking about the Judeo-Christian God? I suppose I don't understand how it isn't applicable.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

The listed options are characteristics that are prescribed to the notion of God, because they are supposedly what makes God, God.
What other options are you looking for, specifically?

Well, I attirbute none of those things to what I think "god" is. Specifically I would say sadistic and cruel, but I would settle for a button that said, "Other".

So again, if the survey does not give me an option I can select in all honesty how can I take the survey as you requested?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I don't know how to word this correctly. These are the times I need NoName to re-explain myself. I will try, anyway.

Sadistic and cruelty are not exactly in the same category for describing God. Those are not functions that only prescribed to a God. The listed characteristics in the Do-It-Yourself-Deity are only characteristics that God can possess.

Does that make sense?

Showing 1321-1335 of 1849