ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 254500
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
billymom
billymom
60 posts
Nomad

this is all making my brain hurt. but God did give us free will and we chose to be bad. but if you refer back to the bible, god told satan could have his way with job ( pronounced jobe) as long as he didnt kill him. go figure

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

90% of the world believes in higher beings. 10% don't.

90% of people are being fooled.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Well aren't you just insightful? Would you please read the rest of what I said and respond? That is pretty much spam.

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Well aren't you just insightful? Would you please read the rest of what I said and respond? That is pretty much spam.

I read your whole post and I feel bad for you that you fall under the 90%. Also Christians gather at a church, atheist gather on AG.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry but I'm missing the point of your posts. If you would please, respond to my arguments with your own, don't just read them and then insult me and every other Christian.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

This so-called "debate" is simply getting out of hand. It seems to me that there are simply not enough Christians in the argument and way too many atheists. I am one of the few Christians who is still even bothering to try. 90% of the world believes in higher beings. 10% don't. On ArmorGames it seems to be the other way around. But I digress. I found something that I found highly amusing. Mage and wolf both said that when they read the Bible they thought God was bloodthirsty and vicious and other things like that. But I will now use your own argument against you: just because YOU think a certain way about something does not mean it's true. And by the way, even if God has killed many, all of which deserved it I might add, he has definitely created more lives than He's destroyed, else we wouldn't be here. And I can understand KR's hesitancy to join the argument as it does seem that Christians seem to get beat down on this thread. Atheist would say that's because they have better evidence. That's a lie. The Christians simply don't know where to get their evidence, though there is plenty of it. You say the Bible isn't credible. But in reality, the Bible is one of the most accurate ancient texts in the world, in accordance to historical events. As to Christians using the "I felt Him" excuse, please don't. It makes us look stupid and I and everyone else would much prefer none used it anymore. And I did the Do-It-Yourself-Deity and my chances resulted at 20% likelihood. Now we all know that many people would say "That proves he doesn't exist because the chances are so slim!" but we also know that argument is simply stupid as such atheist beliefs as evolution and whatnot depend on way more astronomical chances being fulfilled. So I implore ANYBODY from using the "The chances are way too slim" argument, as we will get no where.

First, would you care to bring up said evidence, as you seem to be a Cristian? Second, I will give an example of one guy. Apparently your god had something to prove to your Satin, as they were having a debate. To win this debate, your tyrant murdered all of his slaves, his family, and his cattle. Ya, those guys really deserved it, sitting there obeying him and what not. The Christians all say the biblical is credible, but the atheist disagree. There is no record of medicals being preformed in any other text from that time, witch would easily make the press, no record of mass necromancy, witch would off course get people writing, and no record of any non-matter beings that have an effect on everything else, no record of ghosts, witch are in the Bible, and lab tests have all proven praying in ineffective, from the simple Roman tossing Christians into a pit with a lion to lab testing.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Is proving that people are worth of everlasting life and of God's love not worth enough for a few lives? As to your records, if they were written they probably wouldn't be around anymore, as it has been thousands of years.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Is proving that people are worth of everlasting life and of God's love not worth enough for a few lives? As to your records, if they were written they probably wouldn't be around anymore, as it has been thousands of years.

There is a thing about your god that is supposed omniscient. He could just know about it with the fullest guarantee, without wasting lives of innocent people, who are in fact his minions.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

He wasn't proving it to himself he was proving it to Satan.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

. . . but being both omnipotent and omniscient, he wouldn't have to go to such lengths. You have to understand that all-powerful means that god can do everything that's logically possible - and it's logically possible to convince a sentient being of something without having to kill thousands of other sentient beings just to get your point across. You're saying that god is omnipotent, but putting him up to human limits in some situations. That makes no sense in any way, shape or form.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So he has something to prove to someone he banished? For an omnipotent being, he sure has some major character flaws... " He, lord of the underworld, I have this great servant, who would serve me no matter what, and you don't! Take that looser!"
Satan: "I don't believe you, prove it!"
God:"All right, I'll just kill his family, servants, and everything he loves to prove you something unnecessary!"
fierboy151
fierboy151
27 posts
Peasant

the way I see it, I have my beliefs, you all have yours, I'm not going to judge you on it. However, what I personally believe is that if God created mankind and the world, he was the first scientist, the first inventor, and any theories we come up with are because God created the intricacies for those theories.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Wow. That is just plain ignorant 314d1. For one, God wasn't even the one who killed them, that was Satan. For another, Satan was still an angel and was known as Lucifer at this time. He was still working for God.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Wow. That is just plain ignorant 314d1. For one, God wasn't even the one who killed them, that was Satan. For another, Satan was still an angel and was known as Lucifer at this time. He was still working for God.

Satan wouldn't have done so if god had not gave him the license to kill. Thus, god actually endorsed the killing. Its just the Godfather and the hit man. Just as bad as killing them himself. And, if he was working with god then why did he not believe him? If I was working under an omniscient being I would believe what he said...
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Satan wouldn't have done so if god had not gave him the license to kill. Thus, god actually endorsed the killing.

The license to kill resides in the fall of man and the concept of sin. God removing the right of Satan to harm humans would effectively cancel out the idea of free will.

God is an all loving God; however, he is also jealous and just. His wisdom will seen foolish in the eyes of men.
Showing 1351-1365 of 1849