ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255389
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

For the record, samy was not the only Christian on this thread, I was just busy in the REAL world. Anyway. When you said that God wouldn't just want to love me but would love me regardless, my counterpoint is that God DOES love you. He doesn't want to love you he already does. And when God says He wants to be your life, it's not anti free will, it's more wanting you to be a good person. And also, there is no solid evidence for anything, for all we know, we could all be living in some made up dream world or the Matrix of something.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

For the record, samy was not the only Christian on this thread, I was just busy in the REAL world. Anyway. When you said that God wouldn't just want to love me but would love me regardless, my counterpoint is that God DOES love you. He doesn't want to love you he already does. And when God says He wants to be your life, it's not anti free will, it's more wanting you to be a good person. And also, there is no solid evidence for anything, for all we know, we could all be living in some made up dream world or the Matrix of something.

Your correct! I better go get some stones and stone all the people who had had sex before they were married! Then I will bring back slavery, as god said it was fine! Ill set up an alter were people can sacrifice millions in food for gods sick pleasure, then petition to get rid of all iron products as god seems to have no effect over them! Then I will go kill.....
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

And as my satirical goodbye.

And then I'll actually go read the New Testament and realize the ignorance of my post. Hurrah.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

First of all, what the hell did that have to do with what I said? Stoning people is wrong, quote: Jesus: "He has not sinned may throw the first stone"
As to the slavery thing, I'll admit that's one thing I find wrong about the Bible. As for sacrifices, these were generally just a couple of animals, not millions in food. *Reads thing about iron* WTF?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

He doesn't want to love you he already does. And when God says He wants to be your life, it's not anti free will, it's more wanting you to be a good person.

As I stated such a God would not kill, be vengeful, or jealous. If God is as stated in the Bible living for such a God would not preclude me from doing horrible despicable acts.

And also, there is no solid evidence for anything, for all we know, we could all be living in some made up dream world or the Matrix of something.

Objective evidence, something that can be observed tested and repeat. This is what I would call solid. Yes there is always room for it all to be false and we are just brains in jars but so long as there is not evidence for it this we can't say that is the case. Maybe we are all living in someone gym locker. Or maybe there is a tea pot floating in space. or maybe there is a god and he's a big ball of spaghetti. Our only means of determining what is real or not is through the evidence we can test. If there is no evidence for something it's reasonable to assume it doesn't exist. To believe something without evidence is irrational.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

What we have against god is called circumstancial evidence as well. See if circumstances suggest a certain belief then it can be considered credible.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

There are plenty of circumstances that suggest God exists.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Such as? And if you say creationism....

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

How about the amazing success of Christianity against all odds?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

What do you mean against all odds? It is one of the only religions that says to convert people, making it grow. It kills everyone who dislikes it. Every person who is killed just acts to strengthen it, and there is enough of them for people to band wagon and propaganda. All the odds are in there favor.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That hasn't been true since Rome Christianized around 250A.D. Exactly how this was accomplished isn't clear. I would wager a number of factors played a part in it. For instance early Christians would often meld other religious practices into there own in order to gain more followers.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Perhaps it's because I'm the only Christian on this thread

I'm back!!! :P
"majority rules" situation that the minority can do nothing about.

Unless the minority is making a better applied statement, then the minority has a large chance of winning.
WHAT? I thought I filled that spot...*sighs* I guess I'd better try harder

No, your just the conceded atheist who leaves comments without evidence to back it, and thinks everyone is supposed to praise you.
Try harder next time, or maybe get your giant spaghetti monster to help you.

This comment wasn't needed, and made absolutely no sense.
Most people are not trying to change the others opinion, but to get them to think against it rather then getting fed pure propaganda they hear at church.

Alot of the threads on this site are pure propaganda, so church isn't the only source.
I'm pretty sure Asherlee stated she wasn't atheist so I think your title is safe.

I forgot all about that. Wolf doesn't deserve a title, thus no title is awarded. ^_^
You seem to be arguing that we should be mindless sheep even though if your claim of God is true he gave us the ability to think and reason. Coming to the conclusion that there is no God since there is no solid evidence for such a being existing is me simply using this ability. An all loving, all powerful God who is all for free will would likely not desire my worship, but simply want me to live my life to the best of my ability. Such a God could not be as described in the Bible being vengeful, jealous, and killing.

God gave humans the ability to prosper at life, think, and reason. With these abilities one should be able to live a great life at the best of their ability, and still worship God. You have argued that there is no proof of a God. You cannot proof that there is other life than you, what if this world is nothing but a false reality in which you are a single creature among a world of false perceptions of which your mind has created. So don't come at us with you can't prove it, or he doesn't love me. It's a common scape goat to try to disprove something that cannot be proved or disproved. What happened to the philisophical mage that once occupied the forums?
Your correct! I better go get some stones and stone all the people who had had sex before they were married! Then I will bring back slavery, as god said it was fine! Ill set up an alter were people can sacrifice millions in food for gods sick pleasure, then petition to get rid of all iron products as god seems to have no effect over them! Then I will go kill.....

Go ahead, but stone yourself first.
What do you mean against all odds? It is one of the only religions that says to convert people, making it grow. It kills everyone who dislikes it. Every person who is killed just acts to strengthen it, and there is enough of them for people to band wagon and propaganda. All the odds are in there favor.

Killing people? Noone is killed in modern christianity, and I don't remember a period of time in which people were killed for not being christians. I do believe there was a time period of a couple hundred years in which christianity struggled.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Correct. For the first few centuries of it's existence, all who followed Christianity were beaten, enslaved, tortured, and killed. And yet, they could not stop it from succeeding. Romans were the chief prosecutors, yet they eventually turned Christian too.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Killing people? Noone is killed in modern christianity, and I don't remember a period of time in which people were killed for not being christians. I do believe there was a time period of a couple hundred years in which christianity struggled.

Its called the FREAKING CRUSADES! It was basically "Hey look, Muslims own 'the holey lands', lets go slaughter them!"

Modern Christianity:
KKK-Members could only be Cristian
Random hate crimes
Attacks on Muslims after there attacks
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Correct. For the first few centuries of it's existence, all who followed Christianity were beaten, enslaved, tortured, and killed. And yet, they could not stop it from succeeding. Romans were the chief prosecutors, yet they eventually turned Christian too.

As you ignored, they acted more of mortars then anything. There like the huntsman. Kill one and make the rest stronger.

It also disproved the myth that any Cristian could be saved from hungry lions, as in the "magic book" Christians were saved from lions by angles..
Showing 1471-1485 of 1849