ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255655
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There is actually a guy who proved God's exsistance through numbers.

Here is one guys &quotroof" mathematically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lD4Ze9KtHI

Basically he said in a very long winded sort of way we have something instead of nothing so God exists.

But this is probably the one your thinking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_point_(Tipler)

Here's the proof Frank says he has from his homepage.

http://www.math.tulane.edu/~tipler/why.html

I think this is a stretch to claim that the Omega Point=God of the Christian Bible.

Here's a link I found giving a break down of the theory.

http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Global/Omega/tipler_page.html

I would like to argue this in depth more as I do with evolution but unfortunately I don't feel my knowledge of quantum mechanics or cosmology is strong enough to do it properly.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Here's the proof Frank says he has from his homepage.

Completely off-topic but THANK YOU! First person to actually call me that. Do you realize what it's like to be called Freak every time someone acknowledges you?? XD

I would like to argue this in depth more as I do with evolution but unfortunately I don't feel my knowledge of quantum mechanics or cosmology is strong enough to do it properly.

Yeah...I just used sheer logic to say that the universe is God, and that stuck.. no need to involve complex equations that few people can do.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The absence of event horizons by definition means that the universe's future c-boundary is a single point, call it the Omega Point. MacCallum has shown that a three-sphere closed universe with a single point future c-boundary is of measure zero in initial data space. Barrow has shown that the evolution of a three-sphere closed universe into its final singularity is chaotic.

Okay I think I see one problem with the Omega Point theory. Reading over his it seems to be stating that the universe is closed. Unfortunately observation shows us that the Universe is not closed it's open and more so flat.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Okay I should maybe explain this a bit better. There are at least a couple of mathematical models that explain a flat universe, I don't understand them. So here is an explanation that I can explain.

This is an image of the background microwave radiation given off from the Big Bang. I'm using this image as well because it gives a bit better visual perspective.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/map472.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/wmap1.jpg

This second image also shows us this detected microwave radiation along with three theoretical models that were computer generated.

So at the top of this image we have the real thing and at the bottom we have the three computer models. The left computer model shows a closed universe, the middle shows a flat universe and the right shows an open curved universe.

So looking at those three models which best fits the real thing? As you can see or better see from my first image, it's the flat universe.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

[i]Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe
Master Blueprint for Making Stars
Plank:The Future of probing the past

I have to say those are some interesting links but I'm still not following where your going with this.
[/i]

I am a protestant Christian but that doesn't mean I can't accept what science has proven and is refining these proofs daily. Isn't that a definition of evolution?

These forums are open to every member of AG, so long as you are respectful of others:
same I'm just annoyed of dumb ignorant people trying to argue about things they have no idea about
...and you follow AG posting rules.

[iSpeaking of sin and evolution why do Christians find it okay to think of themselves and others as unworthy vile sinners, but saying you descended from a primate is going to far?][/i]

I agree that humans and primates may share common amounts of DNA but to say that the skulls recently found in Africa of earliest man share the exact same DNA as the "neanderthal fossils" from Eurasia found during the same period,(about 160,000) years ago doesn't make sense, explain?

Please, if I'm wrong, point me in the right direction. I'm ignorant of Quantum Physics and complex machines and the math skills it would take to build a rocket ship but I am intelligent and my interest is in biology.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I am a protestant Christian but that doesn't mean I can't accept what science has proven and is refining these proofs daily. Isn't that a definition of evolution?

Okay so your just saying these are some of the things you accept from science?

I agree that humans and primates may share common amounts of DNA but to say that the skulls recently found in Africa of earliest man share the exact same DNA as the "neanderthal fossils" from Eurasia found during the same period,(about 160,000) years ago doesn't make sense, explain?

How recent are we taking? I'm not aware of a very recent finding on this. But if I were to guess based on other articles using the term "exact same" they would have meant a direct relationship. Like saying you have the exact same DNA of your parents. While I understand what they're talking about I personally think it's a misleading term to use.

There was an article explaining how these transplanted lizards evolved completely new traits as a result of there environment that uses this term as well to explain that these lizards with the new trait are direct descendants of the lizards they put there.

Also just so you know neanderthal isn't a direct descendant of ours, there a subspecies.

Please, if I'm wrong, point me in the right direction. I'm ignorant of Quantum Physics and complex machines and the math skills it would take to build a rocket ship but I am intelligent and my interest is in biology.

There was this one physicist, I can't remember who, who said "If you say you understand quantum mechanics you don't understand quantum mechanics"
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Isn't that a definition of evolution?

Noo....Evolution = change over time. that's as to-the-mark definition as you can get. Accepting some methods of science as meritable only means you're taking life into a much more broad perspective, a different light. Which is good.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Isn't that a definition of evolution?

I actually jumped over that last it reading it. Okay maybe I should just go back to bed.
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Acccording to science,I might be wee bit off on this so correct me if i'm wrong,in order for life to of began a seqence of protiens had to aline is certain order, 200 something times,to me those odds seem pretty skeachy,but also people say that the "theory" that god created the world dosen't make sence because no one has a answer as to what created God in the first place, but couldn't that be applied to any theory as to how the world was created?
And another thing is that bothers me about the scientific theory about evolution is the fact that humans somehow evolved much futher along than ANY other species dosen't seem to make to much sence at all ether, because what we would call retarded, for a chimp or such that would be a genus.

so all and all I say God makes more sence

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

is the fact that humans somehow evolved much futher along than ANY other species dosen't seem to make to much sence at all ether, because what we would call retarded, for a chimp or such that would be a genus.

Not at all! Humans are slow, have poor camouflage, can't digest many things which other animals can, and can't go very long with out food and water *relative to other animals*, we also have poor maneuverability. Our only strength is that we have superior dexterity, intelligence, and innovation. We can use tools and use technology *applied science*. Humans were scavengers until we invented spears, fire, and agriculture. Before that, we were pretty much cat-food to lions.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good.

Yea sure someone that is 100% pure/good tries to wipe out the entire human race save two of every creature?

It's been said that God created ALL things.

If that's true how can he have created free will and have created how we act? And if this 100% pure/good God created everything he created sin, rape, murder, evil, the Devil? Ect... And why does this 100% pure/good God make natural disasters that kills good, pure people?

P.S. I just read the first page of this thread because it'd take to much reading to properly debate from page 41 because I would need to read all the pages to see why people are quoting to previous stuff. If I were to debate properly.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

in order for life to of began a seqence of protiens had to aline is certain order, 200 something times,to me those odds seem pretty skeachy

The odds of such an event occuring are extremely slim, but remember, there are millions of stars in the entire universe, and billions of years for that coincidence to happen. After a few bajillion years, the probability of at least planet developing living organisms is comparatively more likely to occur.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Acccording to science,I might be wee bit off on this so correct me if i'm wrong,in order for life to of began a seqence of protiens had to aline is certain order, 200 something times,to me those odds seem pretty skeachy,but also people say that the "theory" that god created the world dosen't make sence because no one has a answer as to what created God in the first place, but couldn't that be applied to any theory as to how the world was created?

First off you are dealing with a very long amount of time for this to happen. Second it's not as odd at it may sound. Think of the stuff like magnetic filings of different polarities they will stick to each other. Also you can and really must have flaws a.k.a. mutations and still have the thing work just fine.

And another thing is that bothers me about the scientific theory about evolution is the fact that humans somehow evolved much futher along than ANY other species dosen't seem to make to much sence at all ether, because what we would call retarded, for a chimp or such that would be a genus.

No we aren't more evolved, we are just as evolved as every other animal on the planet. We are just evolved differently.
Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

If that's true how can he have created free will and have created how we act? And if this 100% pure/good God created everything he created sin, ****, murder, evil, the Devil? Ect... And why does this 100% pure/good God make natural disasters that kills good, pure people?

Well all of this is not God's fault. First of Adam and Eve had the forbidden fruit and don't forget Adam's first Girlfreind (Can't remember her name) who betrayed God and got kicked out of the garden. She gave birth to the devil. Then when Adam and Eve had the fruit as I said before pain was made. That's why when they where kicked out of the garden they where in great deal of pain. As for the rest god later created more God's as we know Zesus, Mars, ETC Ever heared the story of pandora's box? if you hav'nt then it goes that the other gods not God created more pepole in the Earth later on in the years, then Pandora got married to a God as we know and Zesus forbid his son to do it but he never so he sent them a wedding gift and said it was never to be opened but Pandora opened it which released Murder, Death, ETC.

No we aren't more evolved, we are just as evolved as every other animal on the planet. We are just evolved differently.

Thats's true you may not know this but we have alreday evolved into Alien's so there not relly Alien's there us but further along into the future which mean's a Great kid's are going to end up like them sometime and to all you alien non-belives this is true pepole see things in the sky and there not a trick of the light or stuff like that we have alreday found other life on a moon in our solar system it has Jelly-Fish like creatures in its water based territory. And we have many un-explored planets only time will tell relly
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well all of this is not God's fault. First of Adam and Eve had the forbidden fruit and don't forget Adam's first Girlfreind

So much for God creating something perfect. Of course if God did create us knowing what we would do ahead of time then I would still have to say the blame is on God.

Adam's first Girlfreind (Can't remember her name)

Lilith and she wasn't the devils mother. According to myth the devil was an angel.

As for the rest god later created more God's as we know Zesus, Mars, ETC Ever heared the story of pandora's box?

Now the God of the Bible is Cronos? Your dealing with a completely different religion now.

Thats's true you may not know this but we have alreday evolved into Alien's so there not relly Alien's there us but further along into the future which mean's a Great kid's are going to end up like them sometime and to all you alien non-belives this is true pepole see things in the sky and there not a trick of the light or stuff like that we have alreday found other life on a moon in our solar system it has Jelly-Fish like creatures in its water based territory. And we have many un-explored planets only time will tell relly

Where did you get this information from? I would love to read this for myself, so links please.
Showing 391-405 of 1849