ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255939
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

For a reason which is perfectly sufficient for God.

That is the most non-answer answer I've ever heard. Either there's a consistent reason or there isn't. I refuse to accept any of this ad hoc weaseling as a response to a real, genuine problem.
If we can formulate an objection within a language, then the theist should be able to form a legitimate response. We can't just say it's unknowable or something.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

so heel was not made for us it was made for the devil God's intention is not for us to go to hell.

Whatever the reason for its creation, according to Christianity, people get sent to hell for their sins. End of story. God must have known this when He created hell, and He is perfectly capable of keeping people out of there if He didn't want us there.
It clearly is His intention for those who reject Him to go to hell. By your argument, then either god isn't omniscient or He isn't omnibenevolent.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

It clearly is His intention for those who reject Him to go to hell. By your argument, then either god isn't omniscient or He isn't omnibenevolent.
o you see if you reject him you get pushed he doesn't want to see you hurt he wants to see you obey. when a parent punishes their child they don't want to see their children hurt or in pain rather to obey.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

o you see if you reject him you get pushed he doesn't want to see you hurt he wants to see you obey. when a parent punishes their child they don't want to see their children hurt or in pain rather to obey.

So if a child disobeys there parent should punish them for the rest of there life just like how if you disobey God it's reasonable that you get punished for eternity?
An how is rejecting disobeying? Is God really that vein that he needs our worship so bad that to do otherwise is the only thing we can't be forgiven for? On top of that he left no evidence that he exists. Without evidence it's reasonable to think he doesn't exist. If it's really so unforgivable and so important then leaving some form of objective evidence would seem prudent.
whyismynametom
whyismynametom
263 posts
Nomad

this is simple we do not know, i see know need to elaborate on this discussion, unless one of us has an answer what else can we say, besides rec elect about Christianity or say that it is fake, i believe in God and also that just because there is evil in the world doesn't mean he is not all God, FOR GOOD TO EXIST THERE MUST BE EVIL. that is what i think.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

[q[/b]uote]God created Hell for satin [/quote]

The evilest of all fabrics!

God's intention is not for us to go to hell.

If it isn't his intention, why does he supposedly deliberately send thousands of people to hell? A being that is perfect would not make what equates to a mistake i.e. misplacing some of his beloved children in a fiery pit of despair for all eternity.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

So if a child disobeys there parent should punish them for the rest of there life just like how if you disobey God it's reasonable that you get punished for eternity?
An how is rejecting disobeying? Is God really that vein that he needs our worship so bad that to do otherwise is the only thing we can't be forgiven for? On top of that he left no evidence that he exists. Without evidence it's reasonable to think he doesn't exist. If it's really so unforgivable and so important then leaving some form of objective evidence would seem prudent.
God is a much larger scale than conceive able on earth multiply everything on earth and you still aren't close to Gods standards. With that said it also means the punishment will be that much more intense.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

FOR GOOD TO EXIST THERE MUST BE EVIL. that is what i think.

Good and evil are concepts, they do not need each other to exist.

God is a much larger scale than conceive able on earth

If he is not conceivable(or we cant understand him) then there is no way the bible could be written by man, and the whole church is pure speculation.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

If he is not conceivable(or we cant understand him) then there is no way the bible could be written by man, and the whole church is pure speculation.
We understand him but we cant understand his power.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God is a much larger scale than conceive able on earth multiply everything on earth and you still aren't close to Gods standards. With that said it also means the punishment will be that much more intense.

So your saying that eternal punishment for a finite transgression is just and reasonable? As I said before how does my limited compassion not allow for such treatment of even the worst of us who ever lived, but Gods limitless compassion does for far less?
And you really did answer my other questions.

How is rejecting disobeying especially when no evidence is offered for his existence?

Why does God require us to worship him? Is he really that vein?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Exactly, which is why he is therefore infinitely forgiving like the Bible says and therefore would forgive the people who would otherwise go to hell and not punish them, instead showing his infinite compassion and forgiveness to these people . . . .

And don't say that God is beyond compassionate and he's something else instead, because the Bible describes him with human concepts like compassion and forgiveness, all of which lead to the obvious conclusion that instead of punishing sinners, he would cleanse and accept them.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

We understand him but we cant understand his power.

Now your changing your statement. You said God is a much larger scale. But even still this leaves for speculation in the Bible.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

o boy where to start

So your saying that eternal punishment for a finite transgression is just and reasonable? As I said before how does my limited compassion not allow for such treatment of even the worst of us who ever lived, but Gods limitless compassion does for far less?
And you really did answer my other questions.

How is rejecting disobeying especially when no evidence is offered for his existence?

Why does God require us to worship him? Is he really that vein?
God is not a being of no compasion to send his son to die for us is a lot of compasion to go to hell is a choice of man not of God yes he sends us their but it is beacuse we do not heed his warnings. No evadince? look around this is not all a coincidence God made the trees the grass the sky ect. he is not vein for wanting our worship when he is the reason we are alive.

And don't say that God is beyond compassionate and he's something else instead, because the Bible describes him with human concepts like compassion and forgiveness, all of which lead to the obvious conclusion that instead of punishing sinners, he would cleanse and accept them.
how do u accept some one when they reject you????
Exactly, which is why he is therefore infinitely forgiving like the Bible says and therefore would forgive the people who would otherwise go to hell and not punish them, instead showing his infinite compassion and forgiveness to these people . . . .
they rejected him he wont excepet them.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

look around this is not all a coincidence God made the trees the grass the sky ect. he is not vein for wanting our worship when he is the reason we are alive.

Actually, the Flying Spaghetti Monster made all that.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

Actually, the Flying Spaghetti Monster made all that.
........ really
Showing 466-480 of 1849