ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255682
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Pederbey
Pederbey
16 posts
Nomad

God shows us two ways good and evil if you choose the evil you may go to hell but if you choose good you will go heaven yes you maybe right but God isn't give to evil or good we take good or evil are you understand?

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

are you understand?

I get where your coming from, but I do not understand.
Cavlery
Cavlery
40 posts
Nomad

God shows us two ways good and evil if you choose the evil you may go to hell but if you choose good you will go heaven yes you maybe right but God isn't give to evil or good we take good or evil are you understand?

Not completely...

My attempted translation:

God gives us two choices: good and evil. If you choose evil you may go to hell, but choose good you may go to heaven. Yes you may be right but God didn't make good and evil, we choose good and evil.

Close? Ish?

In a nut-shell:

God created everything.
God created the tree of knowledge/good and evil, to know why you'd probably have to have eaten the fruid (not and apple...)
God created man in his own image.
God is powerful, so we are powerful.
We thought that because we were powerful, we deserved the knowledge of good and evil.
There was a snake that tapped the first domino.
We ate the fruit.
We made evil.

God didn't make everything.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

We made evil.

We didn't make evil . . . evil was already coexisting with us . . . we just discovered it before God wanted us to . . . But it came as no surprise to God because He already knew it was going to happen.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

We didn't make evil . . . evil was already coexisting with us . . . we just discovered it before God wanted us to . . . But it came as no surprise to God because He already knew it was going to happen.

Yeah, if human kind could make evil by eating fruit then the world would be nothing but evil, or is it?
Cavlery
Cavlery
40 posts
Nomad

It is really, there is no unselfish deed. We do good deeds to make ourselves feel better about ourselves, not one person on Earth is selfless.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

God gives us two choices: good and evil.

Not really. What choice do you have? Eternal suffering vs life? If a Man with a gun to your head asks you to so something... you do it. There is no choice in the matter. The man with the gun determines your fate, not you.

God created everything.
God created the tree of knowledge/good and evil, to know why you'd probably have to have eaten the fruid (not and apple...)
God created man in his own image.
God is powerful, so we are powerful.
We thought that because we were powerful, we deserved the knowledge of good and evil.
There was a snake that tapped the first domino.
We ate the fruit.
We made evil.

Evidence other than the Bible?

God didn't make everything.

He created the thing which created evil, so he's indirectly responsible according to you.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

We didn't make evil . . . evil was already coexisting with us

If God made man in mirror image of him, would that mean God is also evil if it coexists with us?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God shows us two ways good and evil

There's actually a problem right here since good and evil are subjective concepts nothing can be truly one way or the other. What's evil to one person may be good to another, what's good to someone might be evil to another. There may be people who don't see it as being either way while others do.
So it's all a matter of who we're asking.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I think the most general definition of evil is harming others to benefit you, while the definition of good is harming yourself to benefit others. What I want to know is...how is gaining intelligence from eating the fruit of wisdom evil? Why is it considered evil in the Bible, and why was it considered evil in God's point of view?

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Why the dam* fruit was even there in the first place is my question!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yes. If God truly wanted us to live forever and live happy lives, then he wouldn't have put that there in the first place. This is a &quoterson" that wants only the best for His creations, and He repays that kindness through a tree that gives intelligence and considers it "an evil act". For this, we don't live forever, women go through the pains of child birth, and violence issues out of every named place. Yay tree of wisdom!

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

But it came as no surprise to God because He already knew it was going to happen.

Which raises the question, "If God knew man was inheritly evil, and if God intended to create a universe based on moral perfection, then why would he create mankind with the knowledge that they were already destined to immorality?"

If God really is omnipotent, then why didn't he create mankind with perfection?
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

I'm thinking, that if mankind were perfect, God wouldn't be needed any longer.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

And perfection also adds in "not learning anything new". I'm guessing He made us with intelligence, but started us off with nothing but land and domestication. We had to do everything else. 20,000 years later (or 6000 for the bible), here we are! And we still have much to learn!

Showing 796-810 of 1849