ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255930
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Yes. But I am lazy. Plus my mom would kill me if I ever asked about it. And nice analogy on the running thing. My mom is a huge Christian. She is all "you can't do anything without god!"

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

My mom is a huge Christian. She is all "you can't do anything without god!"

If you are losing your belief in Christianity this must be a hard position for you to be in right now.

As for not doing anything without God. I do plenty without god.

The internet is a wonderful tool for learning when you know where to look. And as deserteagle has sown there are plenty here willing to answer questions when we can.

On the laziness need someone to kick your butt for you to get you going? :P
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

If you are losing your belief in Christianity this must be a hard position for you to be in right now

It is.. I don't know where I stand on it anymore. Christianity was ENGRAVED AND BURNED in my memory, so every time i find a way to disprove 'God' I feel like I am doing wrong T-T But I still do it.

As for not doing anything without God. I do plenty without god

I told my mom this. I got slapped

Pssh. Nah. I will get there ... eventually. XD I WILL PASS ALGEBRA THIS YEAR!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It is.. I don't know where I stand on it anymore. Christianity was ENGRAVED AND BURNED in my memory, so every time i find a way to disprove 'God' I feel like I am doing wrong T-T But I still do it.

Yeah that's one of the trappings of religion. If it really could stand on it's own it wouldn't need to instill these sorts of feelings in it's followers. In fact it would thrive in questioning and challenges rather then wither.

On the strict emotional level, those feelings do eventually pass. Some who have gone from believing in a god to not have even reported feeling freer and over all happier in there life. Since it was like going from being a lump of coal waiting to be a diamond to being the diamond.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I, along with Desert Eagle, Mage, Frank, samy, Asherlee and others try not to 'just comment' on this thread but we attempt to back up our beliefs with up-to-date information that show both views.

I'm lazy too, to a certain degree, because I'm not a geophysicist, astrophysicist or a nuclear physicist. I have to rely on these scientists to tell me at what pressure, temperature and other factors that came together in such a way that caused matter, light, etc.
I've studied geology, biology and chemistry a little. I know the basics of photons, protons, amino acids, etc. I haven't, though, memorized the element chart, for example, so I need professional(s) to do the math for me.
I want to know the truth but their are some truths that I don't think 'natural' science will ever be able to test, such as spirit.

There is enough of the first book of the Bible to keep this thread busy. I would appreciate constructive criticism of web sites I've found to see if these are using valid science to back up their theories.
Would you like to help?
Dr.Lambert Dolphin wrote this paper "Physics Problems for Creation Week", that I just couldn't finish because he made reference to this professor, Dr.RA Herrmann, who wrote this paper, "How was our universe created?" and this "Mathematical Philosophy and Evolution*" by RA Herrmann,PhD*written specifically for the US Congressman William E.Dannemeyer. I was so sleepy and the hour was late that I stopped with both papers half read.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

it's just that I want to know what atoms are made of.

Well I suggest you loook that up Sir Lazy. However, to the best of my knowledge the thing in a atom are protrons, electrons and neutrons. Even smaller are quarks.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Well I suggest you loook that up Sir Lazy. However, to the best of my knowledge the thing in a atom are protrons, electrons and neutrons. Even smaller are quarks.

Thanks for the recap.......
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

On quarks, all subatomic particles are made of them. There are 6 kinds of quarks - up quarks, down quarks, top quarks, bottom quarks, strange quarks and charm quarks. I don't know much about charm quarks or strange quarks. what type of particle a subatomic particle is is determined by the number of up/down quarks - neutrons have one up and two down, protons have two down and one up. That's all I know on quarks.

Anyway, religion is an interesting social creature because it encourages knowing the 'truth' while at the same time not letting people question any part about it. Questions are how people get and flesh out the truth, not undermine it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I want to know the truth but their are some truths that I don't think 'natural' science will ever be able to test, such as spirit.

We can't call it a truth if we can't even determine if it even exists.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

To you it is LADY Lazy! And I am happy with my knowledge of the 'now'. I will just try to pass high school for now.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

There is no now. To say there is a now is to say that what you do is done in the briefest of instances. So that being said there can only be past and future. What you will do and what you have done. For what you do NOW has already been done therefore making it the past even before it can happen in the now.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Pssh. Nah. I will get there ... eventually. XD I WILL PASS ALGEBRA THIS YEAR!

Actually, mathmeticians are considered to be inherently lazy/effecient.

On quarks, all subatomic particles are made of them.

If by subatomic, you mean within the nucleus, then yes. You're forgetting the electron

There really is no 'truth' in science. There's just theories supported by evidence that are considered as close to truth as mankind can venture.

And because the supernatural is untestable, it cannot be proven to be the 'truth' in rational science.
thisISanalt
thisISanalt
72 posts
Nomad

If by subatomic, you mean within the nucleus, then yes. You're forgetting the electron

Yep, forgot about teh poor electronz D:
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There really is no 'truth' in science. There's just theories supported by evidence that are considered as close to truth as mankind can venture.

Good point we can have truer statements but not an absolute truth.

And because the supernatural is untestable, it cannot be proven to be the 'truth' in rational science.

Yeah I think this says it better then I did. This is what I meant when I said.

"We can't call it a truth if we can't even determine if it even exists."
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Actually, mathmeticians are considered to be inherently lazy/effecient

I must be an exception lol. I am good with numbers, but I kind of put a mind block in my way. If you can get that lol.

I am happy with my poor public school education. Whatever my career will be, wether it will be A lawyer or flippin burgers, THAT is what I will try to expand my knowlegde in. Not stuff that I don't really need to know.
Showing 1216-1230 of 1849