Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 5:12pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,186 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. It’s based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points,  the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for it’s next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Don’t complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules">http://armorgames.com/page/Forum-Rules]Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 5:16pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,186 posts

Sorry, the Rules and guidelines link is broken, please try this one: http://armorgames.com/page/Forum-Rules

Well, let's begin with group A:

*Led Zeppelin
*Deep Purple
*Pink Floyd
*Alice Cooper

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 6:09pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,186 posts

All the mods in the thread battle of the bands are allowed to be a mod in the world cup.

Led Zeppelin-0
Deep Purple-0
Pink Floyd-0
Alice Cooper-0

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 6:20pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

Pink Floyd-0

Psychedelic rock, not metal.

Any way, seeing as they are up there, I'll choose Pink Floyd, simply because Waiting for the Worms and Hey You are freaking awesome.

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 6:25pm

DefinitelyCrazy

DefinitelyCrazy

332 posts

Pink Floyd, though they technically shouldn't be here. Anyways, nearly all of Pink Floyd's music is amazing (well, the Waters led stuff). Plus, Wish You Were Here is probably one of the sexiest albums, if not THE sexiest album ever.

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 8:20pm

Centie

Centie

204 posts

None of these bands are metal except alice cooper,

REAL METAL

Posted Jan 12, '10 at 10:29pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Pink Floyd, though they technically shouldn't be here. Anyways, nearly all of Pink Floyd's music is amazing (well, the Waters led stuff). Plus, Wish You Were Here is probably one of the sexiest albums, if not THE sexiest album ever.

They were good without Waters.  MLoR was okay, but Division Bell was easily as good as the Final Cut or Meddle or Animals.

Even though they're not even close to metal, PF because they're the greatest band of all-time(imo) and win all music contests instantly.

Posted Jan 13, '10 at 1:05am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

lol led zepplin=metal???

hey guy up top there. list some different bands first off... RIGHT NOW!!!!

but if youre going to be a stuborn little ****** (hopfully you wont) then i guess i vote for zepplin

Posted Jan 13, '10 at 1:11am

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

If you have 4 groups, have the following in each one of them: Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.

Don't complain.

Posted Jan 13, '10 at 2:34am

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

lol led zepplin i would love to see stairway to heavan as metal....

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!