Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Jan 27, '10 at 11:16am

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,421 posts

I don't think i have voted yet, if not then i vote for judas priest.

How many times have to explain this? YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU VOTED IN THIS PARTICULAR BAND!!!

Oh people, remember it's a metal bands threads, and me and MrDayCee are just going to put metal bands.

As udas Priest reached five, I'm gonna put Group D, credit for MrDayCee, who chose these really awesome bands, icluding my favorite band, Iron Maiden.

Group D:

- Motorhead
- Black Sabbath
- Iron Maiden
- Saxon

Posted Jan 27, '10 at 2:44pm

WexMajor82

WexMajor82

1,074 posts

Black Sabbath. Whitout them METAL will not exist; the most important METAL band in history.
And Ozzy ROCKS!!!

Posted Jan 27, '10 at 3:34pm

nonconformist

nonconformist

1,177 posts

runnn tooo the hilllsssssss... Definately black sabbath. haha see wat i did there. Everyone thought i was gonna say iron maiden but instead i went for black sabbath...

But in all truthfullness black sabbath, because they did pretty much help create the whole Metal genre.

Posted Jan 27, '10 at 4:43pm

chaotix567

chaotix567

892 posts

Black Sabbath for sure, but this is probably the closest battle for me, since I also listen to Motorhead and Iron Maiden quite a bit, but on the basis of strongest music, I will definitely have to go for Sabbath, and now I will post the lyrics to "St. Vitus Dance" accordingly.

[sing]So you think you know
What's going on inside her head
You think she wants your money
But it's you she wants instead

When you think about the things
That she did long ago
It breaks your heart, but deep down
Boy, you don't want her to go

You really look so shattering
You feel you want to die
Just because of the one mistake
Of telling you a lie

If I were you I'd try again
And try to make amends
She only thinks of you, you know
I'm talking as a friend
[/sing]

Posted Jan 27, '10 at 10:57pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

4,390 posts

Sabbath. Beats 'em all. No competition. They beat all the other bands in all the other ones too. They are the best metal band. EVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

They weren't the inventors of metal, but they were dam* sure the most innovative. Most modern metal stems from their example, similar to what the Beatles did to rock and pop.

And come on, who doesn't like a dose of Paranoid or Electric Funeral?

Posted Jan 28, '10 at 12:21am

digi_cai

digi_cai

277 posts

Black Sabbath, father of metal! I love you Ozzy!

Posted Jan 28, '10 at 12:25am

Crab65

Crab65

338 posts

Iron Maiden is the only one I am a fan of. Number of the Beast is truly a great song.

Posted Jan 28, '10 at 2:39am

hitmanvp95

hitmanvp95

1,139 posts

Oh, this group is quite good. I vote for Maiden. They have great guitar players and Steve Harris(the bassist) is a god!!!

Posted Jan 28, '10 at 3:48am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,346 posts

Alllllllrightythen... guess we created a landslide with this group! *whoops* XD

Since a lot of people voted immediately and Black Sabbath is (clearly) the leader of this group, it will stay open a little longer to determine which second band will proceed to the next round!
And it also gives us a little more time to determine what bands to put up next in group E

Votes counted and ranked so far:

- Black Sabbath-5
- Iron Maiden-3
- Motorhead-0
- Saxon-0

Never knew this would turn out to be a decision made this quickly!

Posted Jan 28, '10 at 3:59am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,346 posts

And in my enthousiasm I completely forgot to put up my own vote for this group!

I vote foooooooorrrr... Iron Maiden, why? Although Black Sabbath IS one of the true bands to help lay the foundation of the whole Metal genre in music, and they have some pretty awesome songs in their repertoire, I have to conclude that Iron Maiden has even MORE good songs in their repertoire!
Naming 'Run To The Hills', 'Number Of The Beast', 'Aces High', 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter', 'Fear Of The Dark' and of course the song that introduced them to me in the 80's... 'Can I Play With Madness'!!! That one always gives me goose bumps combined with shivers and an overwhelming sence of exstacy! \\,,/_ _\\,,/
I saw them perform live in 2008 in the Netherlands and I only had two conclusions after the concert... HELL YEAH!!! and WE WANT MORE!!!

I'm still waiting for a second opportunity to go see them and scream myself silly when they start playing 'Can I Play With Madness'!!!

Thus summing up the statistics so far...

- Black Sabbath-5
- Iron Maiden-4
- Motorhead-0
- Saxon-0

Sooooooo close... =D

Anyone... anyone?!?

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!