Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Feb 3, '10 at 9:34pm

digi_cai

digi_cai

275 posts

This is unfair! 4 good bands in the same group!
I like them all, almost in the same proportion.
But I will vote FAITH NO MORE, because Patton is great! And they came to Argentina some months ago!

Posted Feb 4, '10 at 1:54am

FryLock19

FryLock19

1,240 posts

Soundgarden...by far. There are a lot of S.O.A.D. fans on this site, but I don't see the hype. Anyway, Soundgarden is my choice because Chris Cornell was a great vocalist, and Matt Cameron was- and still is- an awesome drummer. Also, they were first of the Seattle grunge movement.

Posted Feb 4, '10 at 4:10am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,101 posts

ok, from the things i know here, system of a down, but maybe put Tenacious D in :P their plain' metal

Thanx for the vote fransclara, but you forgot to put in why you choose them... ;)

Posted Feb 4, '10 at 4:13am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,101 posts

Now this group is taking off on voting, yes!

And that's the idea digi_cai, more good bands in one group makes it more interesting to choose and explain why... ;)

Statistics so far:

System of a Down-3
Soundgarden-2
Rage Against the Machine-1
Faith no More-1

Who wants to be the next to make it a tie? =D

Posted Feb 4, '10 at 7:33pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

Metallica iss the best band ever. I don't care what you say

Posted Feb 4, '10 at 11:48pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

While I do agree with you, try not to do that. That was annoying. Off topic as well.

I have no vote in this match up. I've never heard any songs from any of them but System of a Down. So yeah.

Posted Feb 4, '10 at 11:50pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I have to say SOD I like their songs a lot better then any of the other bands.. so yeah : P

Posted Feb 5, '10 at 4:59am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,101 posts

Opinions are fine, but their group has closed already... Guess you have to wait for the knockout stage in this World Cup to vote for Metallica again... ;)

I have no vote in this match up. I've never heard any songs from any of them but System of a Down. So yeah.

That's ok EnterOrion, it's not mandatory to vote for every group... thanx anyway for the post! :)
There will be some bands you know/like in the next group I hope! ;)

I have to say SOD I like their songs a lot better then any of the other bands.. so yeah : P

Thanx sourwhatup2, your vote has been noted and it makes a ranking of:

System of a Down-4
Soundgarden-2
Rage Against the Machine-1
Faith no More-1

Posted Feb 5, '10 at 5:32am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,101 posts

Again almost forgot to vote for this group myself! *doh* :S

Allthough I like the songs 'Spoonman' and 'Blackhole Sun' by Soundgarden very much (and they are the most popular), the rest of their songs seem a little odd to me, allthough none of the singers from the other bands can top the voice of Chris Cornell (fantastic voice), I'd still have to say... No

I was introduced to System Of A Down in 2004 (rather late I know) with the song 'Chop Suey!' that blew my head off, what a great mix of fast and slow music, combining ballad-typed pieces with fast Metal-riffs... I then went exploring them and really liked the band with all it's special sounds that make them a unique band in the Metal genre. But... when I saw Serj Tankian perform solo on a festival in 2007, I was a little dissapointed and so my devotion to this band became frozen to only the breakthrough song, therefor... No

Faith No More has an even wider selection of songs I like... Although 'Epic' being my introduction to the band (awesome song!) and then 'Midlife Crisis' to complete my love for this band, it's still not enough (though a close call because Mike Patton has an awesome voice to present to the world) to win my vote for this group, so... No

Leaves me with one more group, that somehow seems to rattle my cage everytime I play any of their songs... Rage Against The Machine! This is a band that stuck to their political agenda throughout their career and that is something worth applauding for! Most bands seem to diverse to other directions from time to time, but they kept on the track they created when they founded the band.
I had the privilige to see them perform live on a festival one time and I can onlt say one word...
absoluteltawesomelyfantasticallysuperbelygroundshakingtomycore!
They prooved their political background by coming on stage (better said, being lead on stage) in handcuffs, dressed in prisoner clothes with a black hood on and they just stood their... for 10 minutes... making the crowd go exstaticly wild! And to top it off they played 'Bulls On Parade with their hoods on! Sweeeet.... My appreciation for this band is so big that having two busted knees after three days of festival experience didn't keep me from taking the pain and jumping to KILLING IN THE NAME!!!!
So... This is the band that gets my vote! Without any further discussion... 'and now you do what they told ya'... VOTE!

System of a Down-4
Rage Against the Machine-2
Soundgarden-2
Faith no More-1

Posted Feb 5, '10 at 5:34am

WexMajor82

WexMajor82

929 posts

absoluteltawesomelyfantasticallysuperbelygroundshakingtomycore!

I' d like to see someone using it in a phrase.

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!