Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 6:11pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

1,291 posts

May I inquire if there has already or will be battles between folk metal groups? I could propose a group or two...

Hey, a Folk Metal group would be great! And I could suggest some groups myself: Eluveitie, Wintersun, and Equilibrium. Three of my favorites.

And yes, I agree that certain non-metal bands should be disqualified.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 6:15pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Those are three great groups indeed! Further suggestings would be: Ensiferum, Alestorm, Turisas, Amon Amarth, and Finntroll. There's enough to do several battles :D

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 4:45am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,760 posts

I'll be the 'anti-christ' in this battle with casting my vote for Led Zeppelin! =P

Led Zeppelin is one of the founders of the whole genre of Metal,something a lot of people tend to forget! And even though the whole genre has evolved quite a bit over the decades, I still prefer their style over Pantera's, simply because Led Zeppelin has proven to evolve within their own signature style during their main period and Pantera on the other hand has stopped to improove theirs somewhere along the line... whenever I hear a song by Pantera, it's always really great to hear, but when you listen to more than a couple of songs, their music becomes boring prrr-et-ty quickly! =/

So, in MHO... Led Zeppelin is the better choice in this particular battle! =)

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 5:12pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

1,291 posts

Those are three great groups indeed! Further suggestings would be: Ensiferum, Alestorm, Turisas, Amon Amarth, and Finntroll. There's enough to do several battles :D

Ooh, that'd be nice! Also, have we ever had a Doom/Stoner Metal group?

I'll be the 'anti-christ' in this battle with casting my vote for Led Zeppelin! =P

1. Isn't it "Devil's advocate"?
2. Darn you! >:[

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 7:19am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

I'll vote for Led Zeppelin as well.  Not that I'm a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, but rather because Pantera has done nothing that I like that I'm aware of.  I've heard my share of their songs, but nothing has grabbed me.  On the other hand, I do enjoy Stairway To Heaven and Black Dog quite a bit, so therefor.. my vote.

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 2:57pm

GhostOfMetal

GhostOfMetal

597 posts

this is taking a long time. and a lot of people havent voted yet. i guess the interest in this is lower now?

anyway the votes stand at
Led Zeppelin - 3
Pantera - 5

still pretty close. who will win? u decide!

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 4:06pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,760 posts

Seems like a lot of regular music lovers have gone out for a short vacation... either that or they were punished for playing their metal music too loud?! LOL XD

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 7:47pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

1,291 posts

I have no idea why this is taking too long... It's starting to get annoying. We would almost be into the next two battles by now. =/

And thanks for the laugh, MrDayCee. :P

Posted Jun 29, '11 at 8:45am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,760 posts

@ Legion1350 : Great huh?! Always a nice reminder of my youth... I can TOTALLY realte to the situation, minus the spanking though... add a 'hurricane-volumed-speech' instead and you have the picture of my youth! LOL =P

As for the running period of this battle... it's only been the 16th of June since this was posted, so that's only a short 2 weeks... =/
I really have to add that you guys have been pampered with the running times of the previous battles there! Those were over SO quickly, that this one may seem longer, but actually is taking it's normal running time! ;)

Anyway... it's up to GhostOfMetal to decide when-and-if he wants to close this one... he's running the show now and I'm merely a 'stand-by-mod' here... ;)

Posted Jun 29, '11 at 9:13am

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

Seems like a lot of regular music lovers have gone out for a short vacation... either that or they were punished for playing their metal music too loud?! LOL XD

Now that was one of the funniest videos i have ever seen!

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!