Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Oct 2, '11 at 5:51pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

i vote for slayer. slayer is easily the more musically talented of the 2 bands. ive seen slayer live and dave lambardo never stops amazing me

Posted Oct 3, '11 at 5:45am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,137 posts

First votes are in and Iron Maiden takes a small lead over Slayer! But like we've seen in previous battles fought in this competition, it ain't over, 'till it's over! Anything can happen here, especially with a 1 point difference... duh! =D

First vote count is minimal, but nevertheless :

# 1/2 Final A :

2 - Iron Maiden
1 - Slayer

Let's get some more votes in there people! This competition deserves a LOT more attention! I've seen enough users roam the forae talking about how they like/love metal! So tell your friends about the 'MBWC' and persuade them to participate in it! =)

Posted Oct 5, '11 at 9:00pm

Yodadude53

Yodadude53

1,365 posts

Iron Maiden because... well I don't know how to explain if I like music better, it just sounds better to me? Never was a fan of Slayer. Anyways, Iron Maiden are one of my favorite metal bands, they're classic. Also, I don't know if you can still add bands, but has Alice In Chains been in here at all?

Posted Oct 6, '11 at 6:20am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,137 posts

I don't know if you can still add bands, but has Alice In Chains been in here at all?

For this year's competition, you can't, but there's always an option to present band suggestions at the end of each competition! I'd have to check whether Alice In Chains has been featured in this year's 'MBWC', but I haven't sifted through all the pages yet... I'll make sure to write them down for the 'MBWC - 2012 edition', ok? ;)

And thanx for your vote Yodadude53! It's pretty thin for a reasoning, but I think I know what you meant, so I'll count it! ;)

Update on the score count shows :

# 1/2 Final A :

3 - Iron Maiden
1 - Slayer

Iron Maiden is slowly building on it's lead over Slayer, but it's long from over! Keep those votes coming people! =D

Posted Oct 6, '11 at 4:18pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

1,291 posts

(Ooh, this is back up? :D )

In my opinion, this is one of the easiest battles I've seen. Slayer is one of the most influential bands in the history of Heavy Metal. They sound absolutely amazing, and the lyrics are well-written. And, because I can, I bring you this:

Hello, gentlemen. Look at your Iron Maiden CD. Now to my Slayer CD. Now back to your Iron Maiden CD. Now back to my Slayer CD. Sadly, it isn’t Slayer, but if you stopped listening to Iron Maiden and switched to real metal, it could sound like this. Look down, back up, now where are you? You’re on a yacht with the music your CDs could sound like. What’s in your hand? Look back at me. I have it now; it’s an oyster with two tickets to a Judas Priest concert. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when you listen to real metal and not Iron Maiden. I’m on a horse.

Posted Oct 7, '11 at 1:13pm

eddyalex

eddyalex

311 posts

Iron maiden only because of dance of death.

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 6:21pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

ACDC isn't metal. It's rock. How about Three Days Grace or Disturbed?

I like 3DG but they are not metal.

anyway voting: hardhardhard! tho i go with Iron Maiden cuze They are better, better songs anyway like Translvania, Trooper, Run To The Hills etc. THIS video proves you dont mess with the guy in the Iron Maiden shirt!

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 8:40pm

ianhq

ianhq

134 posts

A7x owns you all

Posted Oct 16, '11 at 10:20pm

Yodadude53

Yodadude53

1,365 posts

^ I like Avenged Sevenfold, but I feel embarrassed when I see some of their fans. (Not talking about you AvengedSevenfold11) Really dude?

Posted Oct 18, '11 at 4:07pm

cnino

cnino

4 posts

Iron maiden

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!