Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Nov 30, '11 at 4:13pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

Wat asinine made this :( the bands are barely close to metal, this is a mockery to REAL metal

Dis here is an idiot who only looked at the first page...

Posted Nov 30, '11 at 4:16pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

you sir have out done yourself on the stupid level.... im sorry... but how can you possibly say that iron maidon isnt metal XD they were practically the inventers of power metal. they are legends, and one of the most influential heavy metal bands in existence

Thanks deloos for supporting me, RIhannah is FRieking POP iron Maiden is frieking POwer MEtal LEgion Needs to know what the hell hes talking about before he opens his fat (could be a worse word cept im nicer than that ;]) mouth

Posted Nov 30, '11 at 4:20pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

Lol. First, Iron Maiden is not Power Metal. I cannot stress this enough. They sound nothing like Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, or Stratovarius. (All examples of real Power Metal.) Their vocalist sounds like an angry castrato with emphysema, their drumming is pretty much on an infinite loop, they have poor, generic riffs, their guitar solos are unmentionable, and the stereotypical invisible, mediocre bass. Their overall sound is... just weak. Light and slow. They're almost as overrated as Marilyn Manson. And, trust me, it's hard to get the gap that close

Sorry for this triple post but... DO NOT INSULT IRON MAIDENS GUITAR!!!! Dude you dont even play, i play guitar i know that they are good.

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 10:17am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

Please keep it clean AvengedSevenfold11!!! >:(

This way you're starting a fight in our thread and I won't tolerate this... discussion is fine, great even!, but this is simply hating someone for having a different opinion-however weird it may seem to you, ok? =)

Keep it clean people! Now back to voting please! =D

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 4:22pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

1,291 posts

Thanks deloos for supporting me, RIhannah is FRieking POP iron Maiden is frieking POwer MEtal LEgion Needs to know what the hell hes talking about before he opens his fat (could be a worse word cept im nicer than that ;]) mouth

Sorry for this triple post but... DO NOT INSULT IRON MAIDENS GUITAR!!!! Dude you dont even play, i play guitar i know that they are good.

*Sigh* Ok, sure, they play what I suppose could be considered "American Power Metal" on occasion. (Which I believe is below the standards of Power Metal. I write this while listening to Dark Moor. ^^) And what could possibly makes you think that you need to play an instrument in order to know what is and isn't good? I tried an acoustic for a year, I sucked really hard, gave it up, never considered trying any guitar again, and now I'm here. I actually have a very broad, talented guitar base. I guess they just share similarities with a lot of the USA's music. I see nothing out of mediocrity with it.

(DayCee, do you see how he treats me? :C )

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 10:58pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

"American Power Metal"

they are about as english as it gets.

below the standards of Power Metal.

you cant go below a standard you set in the first place.

Posted Dec 2, '11 at 10:53pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

sorry, anway i vote Pantera! because they have great intrumentals, great songs and ifluenced alot of modern metal.

Posted Dec 6, '11 at 2:59am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

@ Legion1350 and AvengedSevenfold11 : good to see you guys can leave it here! Discussion is always good, but always in a nice clean way!
Welcome back guys! =)

Not much has changed with one more vote for Pantera, so I'll be closing this one soon...

# 1/2 Final B :

7 - Pantera
1 - Mastodon

Keep them coming though! Any vote is welcome! =D

Posted Dec 8, '11 at 10:07pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

I vote Pantera... and there are many reasons why they kill mastodon... but there is one reason that stands above all... Dimebag... ********n... darrel

Posted Dec 8, '11 at 11:53pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

We all know a clear winner when we see one Day....

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!