Agent13

13 posts

well Pantera is ok but come on

Posted Feb 7, '12 at 11:28am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,380 posts

Another vote in and Pantera is actually takign the lead in this battle!! =D
That was a bit unexpected actually... but not less exciting! ;)

@ Agent13 : You're most welcome to debunk the vote given for Pantera there, but it should behold some reasoning instead of a mere "come on..." Throw in your reasoning why not and maybe a vote for Iron Maiden, since you writing a post? =)

Anyway... let's hope some more votes come in, because it's pretty quiet around here lately... (o.O)

*cricket sounds*

Let's make another score count then:

### MBWC FINAL BATTLE ###

2 - Iron Maiden
3 - Pantera

Now, people... break out those metal shredders and make some noise! Vote for your favorite Metal band in this final!!!

VOTES WANTED!!!

Posted Feb 18, '12 at 6:12pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,032 posts

Knight

Iron Maiden it is for me.. I gave Pantera a fair chance by listening to some songs, but I just don't particularly like their sound, whereas IM has some really great tunes. I know they're overpopular, but... they gotta be for some reason after all.

Posted Feb 20, '12 at 9:56pm

KalisWomb

KalisWomb

6 posts

hmmmmmm.... i think my vote goes to Iron maiden, i like iron maiden, its great, but isnt that type of band that i would listen all day, same goes to pantera, im more like a death metal follower. anyway, both are a great metal band and they gave a great contribute to the metal culture, but they arent in the same genre. Pantera, i think its "groove" or neo thrash metal, and iron its heavy metal, if u want a real contest, try vs kreator, sodom, slayer or testament,or another thrash metal band (do not dare to name here craptallica! they dont have the HONOR to call themselves a thrash metal band, the lost it after the 1rst or 2nd cd, because, to my own think, in the metal culture theres is no room for a lame comercial band or, "industrial metal" or "nu metal", that to me, its just the same pathetic crap, xD, METAL GOES AGAINST THAT) ...... continuing with my subject xdd, or try iron maiden against judas priest, deep, black sabbath or even venom, i know they are a black metal band now, but at the beginning they were a heavy metal band. well... something like that... xddd

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 6:00pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

Score update:

Iron Maiden:5
Pantera: 3

Posted Feb 21, '12 at 6:49pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

extremely easy vote for me.

pantera gets it by far. while iron maiden does have the influence factor, i never liked much of their music to begin with. some songs stand out to me, but thats about it.

pantera on the other hand i have many many albums from them, because i actually do like their music

Posted Feb 23, '12 at 3:46pm

MoraMetal

MoraMetal

6 posts

Led Zeppelin haves a exelent lyrics and is a classic band , and every person who likes rock and metal gonna says: "Led Zeppelin"

Posted Feb 23, '12 at 9:10pm

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,344 posts

hmmmm... Iron Maiden beat Sonata Arctica out and Pantera's 10s is featured in my favorite DBZ Broly movie.  It's such a hard decision. 

My resentment of IM for not being SA right now set aside... I think I'm going to have to cast my vote for them.  I enjoy more of their music than I do Pantera, even tho 10s is attached to one of my favorite DBZ fight scenes ever.

Posted Feb 25, '12 at 3:47am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,380 posts

@ KalisWomb : you stated that you "think" your vote goes to Iron Maiden, but even though you stated a lot of info about Metal music and suggested which bands in your opinion should be featured in this competition (not relevant now, but for a future one), I still have no reasoning with why you voted for Iron Maiden... please state one and I'll add your vote to the count! ;)

@ AvengedSevenfold11 : No help needed to post a score update... I let it rest for a while to try and revive it a bit (which somehow worked) and besides that, one vote is not considered legit and therefor not counted... plus you added a ghost vote to Iron Maiden, now corrected...

@ MoraMetal : Sorry, but Led Zeppelin is no longer a part of this years competition anymore... it's now up to both bands featured right here for the final battle in the 2011 MBWC... please state a vote for one of them and Led Zeppelin will have a new chance next year, ok? ;)

Another score update shows that Iron Maiden has tipped the scale back and it's a tie vote once again!! They now both stand at a 4-vote status quo and no decision's made as of yet... Will this battle be fought till death? Here's the score so far! =)

### MBWC FINAL BATTLE ###

4 - Iron Maiden
4 - Pantera

This final battle has proven to be a great ending to this competition so far! Neither of the two bands want to give in and both are still trying to become the 2011 champion here! =D

It's all up to you! State your vote and decide who's going to win in the end!! VOTE PEOPLE!!

Posted Feb 26, '12 at 7:44pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

Sorry man, I just wanted to speed this thread up a bit.

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!