Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Feb 26, '12 at 8:23pm

Schmiddy1234

Schmiddy1234

1,113 posts

this is a VERY hard decision for me i like both a LOT... i mean i would vote for iron maiden(i know more of their songs) but i really like pantera's cowboys from hell and always have. Just to mix it up my vote goes to...

PANTERA!!

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 7:30pm

chrtamran

chrtamran

4 posts

Wheres Disturbed?

Posted Mar 1, '12 at 7:15am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,342 posts

Sorry man, I just wanted to speed this thread up a bit.

I thought as much AvengedSevenfold11, but seeing as the forum activity is really slow right now, it means it's slow allover, including the 'MBWC' sad to say... so speeding things up won't work.

Wheres Disturbed?

The competition is already at the point of reaching the Final Battle, which is 'fought' right now chrtamran... they might be featured in the next edition of the 'MBWC' though! Feel free to cast a vote for either Pantera or Iron Maiden who are battling the final right now! =)

I don't see the need to post a score update right now, so I'll hang onto that a little while longer.

Suggestions, however, are always welcome! Which great Metal bands should be featured in the next 'MBWC' competition in your opinion? Comment them on my profile and I'll consider adding them to the new 'MBWC'! =)

Posted Mar 1, '12 at 6:03pm

chrtamran

chrtamran

4 posts

I know more of iron maiden's songs so ill be voting for[b]Iron Maiden

Posted Mar 7, '12 at 5:47pm

Legion1350

Legion1350

5,649 posts

Wow, I'm surprised this battle is taking so long. (Still hoping for Pantera! ) Anyway, I realized I gave a lot of links for the Pantera fans, but nothing for the Iron Maiden fans. So, whether or not you're a fan of the Power Metal band Iced Earth, I think you'll like this cover of The Trooper.

Posted Mar 9, '12 at 6:57am

goumas13

goumas13

4,906 posts

I don't really like Pantera. Their music is just very uninspiring for my taste.

Iron Maiden, on the other hand, have some songs I kinda like. Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Trooper and Fear of the Dark are not bad songs.

I vote Iron Maiden.

Posted Mar 12, '12 at 8:17am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,342 posts

This final battle of the 'MBWC' is dragging it's feet a lot lately... where have all those metalheads gone? It used to be a lot more active way back when... =/

@ chrtamran : You have the chance to elaborate a little more on that vote, so I can get it counted, because the reasoning you gave is just too thin... Goumas13's reasoning was pretty thin as well, but he already elaborated for both bands in the past during the other battles they featured, so he's 'forgiven' this time around.

@ Legion1350 : Thanx for the cover link for the Iced Earth version of the Trooper! It helped make this thread a little nicer there, but it's still pretty slow and quiet... =/

Time for another update on the score count and sadly... the score has moved up 1 point to another tie count, which is pretty dissapointing considering we're 3 weeks further along here...

Anyway, score shows us :

### MBWC FINAL BATTLE ###

5 - Iron Maiden
5 - Pantera

Come on people! A hail to all metalheads out there! Do your duty for metal and country!

Add your votes and decide the battle! WHo is the true champion of the 'MBWC 2011' edition?

Stand up and VOTE!!!

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 12:08am

FALLEN950

FALLEN950

166 posts

My vote goes to Iron Maiden

Although both bands are classic metal idols, I think Iron Maiden gets my vote.

Maiden has superior bass lines and drumming, their guitar riffs are bone-rattling and they are a better band all around.

Both bands has their fare share of soft songs, but Maiden takes the lead with Dream of Mirrors over any softer song by Pantera. Dream of Mirrors, not only is an insanely long song, but the lyrics are deep and meaningful.

As for hardcore songs, Iron Maiden still beats our Pantera. My personal favorite is Aces High. I feel like Aces High is more intense and thought provoking than any song by Pantera. The way the lyrics are sang, it makes you feel as if you are actually in the plane being shot at and maneuvering throughout the dogfight.

So, my vote goes for Iron Maiden!

Posted Mar 22, '12 at 7:16am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,342 posts

And another point has broken the tie in favour of Iron Maiden, YAY! Not really... (o.O)

Come on guys?! One vote over the course of 10 days since I last posted?! That's just worse than sad, that's pathetic! Where are all those Metalheads gone to?! =/

Well, here's another update, but I'll be starting to work on the next competition soon, because it needs some fresh blood and a kick-in-the-rear-revival I guess! Hhrrmmmppff...

### MBWC FINAL BATTLE ###

6 - Iron Maiden
5 - Pantera

So, make me proud... login to ArmorGames... find this thread... and state your elaborated votes people!
C'MON... VOTE!!!

Posted Mar 22, '12 at 9:07am

KrissKhan

KrissKhan

275 posts

Hum... Hard to choose. Iron Maiden is more an hard rock band and Pantera is groove metal, but put a name on each kinf of music is stupid XP

Iron Maiden is one of the famous band of the kind. Even people who don't enjoy our music know them. So maybe they should win because they are the "best" representativ band (and a great band of course).

Vinnie Paul (Pantera's drummer) is the guy who really starts to use double pedal in songs... Phil Anselmo is my fav singer, he's awesome, and if you don't agree, don't give a crap and go listen to Cemetery Gates !
And Dimebag "Diamond" Darrell... Requiescat in pace. This guy WAS the Metal. I wish he was still alive... I started to learn to play guitar because of him. He litterally changed my life. I hope he's getting fun in hell, drinking some beers for the MetalGod sake ! X)

Well, my vote goes for PANTERA \\o/

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!