Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Apr 29, '12 at 3:10pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,010 posts

@ mikoaski : No reasoning means no vote counted! Even though you know the Pantera yell there bro... state a reasoning why and I'll count your vote! M-kay?! ;)

@ AvengedSevenfold11 : Don't be irritated... it happens... let it be! ;)

@ ihsahn : Ahm... where's the reasoning?! Ok, I seem to get that you're voting for Iron Maiden there, but without a reasoning, your entry is not counted! Sorry! ;)

At least three more votes were given with great reasoning to it, so I guess it's time to do another update as Iron Maiden seems to pull away from Pantera there! =0

A small gap of 2 votes has been made and it is finally coming a little bit closer to a victory for one of the bands! Remember... 10 votes is the maximum and means the winning of the Final MBWC Battle, so anything's still possible! ;)

New score update shows us :

### MBWC FINAL BATTLE ###

8 - Iron Maiden
6 - Pantera

Come on people! Decide the 2011 MBWC winner!!!

State your reasoned votes and help one of the bands to victory!!!

Will it be "Up The Irons!" or a win for the "Cowboys From Hell" this edition?!

VOTE AND DECIDE!! =D

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 5:46pm

Yodadude53

Yodadude53

1,365 posts

They're both great, but Iron Maiden.
Iron Maiden are definitely one of if not the most influential metal bands ever. Without IM there probably wouldn't be Pantera. IM are amazing live, I prefer all their live versions to their studio versions to be honest, something I can't say about any other band, not even my very favorites. They also have some of my favorite guitar solos. Not a big fan of their lyrics though.

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 6:06pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

MrDayCee whats with the quad post?

Posted May 1, '12 at 5:30pm

digi_cai

digi_cai

275 posts

@Yodadude53
Iron Maiden is not a PanterA influence. They would exist without that band.

And On-topic: PanterA is my all time favourite band... they took "metal" to a new level, and made the best music of their time. My vote is for them.

Posted May 2, '12 at 1:53am

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

ooohhhhh ****.. a good one.

Iron maiden and Pantera have two HUGE players in the metal world.. Dime Bag Derrel and The siren Bruce Dickinson.
Walk versus the Number of the Beast.
Cowboys from Hell versus Run for the Hills...

I'm going to go with...
Iron Maiden, for the sole sake of cooler album covers... lol

Posted May 2, '12 at 2:10am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Maiden. More influential, more classic tunes. Simple as that. Pantera were great and all, but in the end they weren't nearly as important to metal as a whole, just to their particular spawn of groove-influenced bands.
Meanwhile you can't turn around without listening to a whole genre that was shaped by Maiden, sometimes without the bands even consciously emulating them. And Maiden has albums chock full of classic songs, far more than Pantera. They're just... better.

Posted May 10, '12 at 6:09am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,010 posts

@ AvengedSevenfold11 : It happened during the glitch that was allover the AG forums a while ago. But it's solved now! =)

It took some time, but... it's finally decided! =)

We have a winner in the Final Battle of the Metal Bands World Cup 2011/2012 Edition!!!

But first, let's officially round up the score and close it. Final score shows :

### MBWC FINAL BATTLE ###

11 - Iron Maiden - WINNER!
7 - Pantera - Runner up...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5323/7169908278_987b0c6c91_b_d.jpg

---

And this is the outcome of the Final Battle for this edition!

A real BIG THANX to everyone who participated and voted in this edition! Remember... the competition is nothing without your valuable input! ;)

All official things mentioned and said... now it's time to start preparing and building the next edition for this M.B.W.C. Competition!

So, if you want to participate in the creation of the lineup for the next edition, simply post your suggestions here and I will take them into consideration!

Spam post consisting of a single band mentioned will of course be deleted as the forum rules always apply! Just a head's up... ;)

Better start frying your brain over which particular metal band you really REALLY want to see as a contestant in the next Metal Bands World Cup edition!! =D

Posted May 10, '12 at 11:53pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

I think we should do a "best of" battle in particular genre's. Example, best of Death matal, best of Thrash metal, etc.

Posted May 12, '12 at 3:55am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,010 posts

Even though I think you're idea sounds nice, it's actually already implemented into the MBWC competition you know... the group stages provide a small battle within each sub-genre of Metal! Even though it wasn't that clear in this edition, it will be clearer and more thought out in the next edition, I promise! =)

So, any suggestions for bands you'd like to see participate in the new edition? =)

Posted May 12, '12 at 5:28am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,999 posts

Knight

Well here are a few suggestions..^^

Power Metal:
- Sonata Arctica
- Stratovarius
- Blind Guardian
- Helloween
- Gamma Ray
- Nightwish
- Hammerfall

Symphonic Metal:
- Epica
- Rhapsody of Fire

Folk Metal:
- Turisas
- Alestorm
- Eluveitie
- Amon Amarth
- Finntroll
- Ensiferum

Heavy Metal:
- Dio
- Godsmack

Progressive Metal:
- Opeth
- Mastodon

Death Metal:
- Arch Enemy

The genres I used here are of course approximated, one may or may not agree with the classification but it serves its purpose.

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!