Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 6:36am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,627 posts

I was pretty much on schedule with making the new edition, but there has been a minor setback... sorry for the bad news, but while making the introduction text and looking for videos I decided that there are some aspects of Metal that are too dark to show here on ArmorGames.

Therefor, Death and Black Metal are off the table and won't be featured in this edition. Even though there are several major bands in this category that has a great part of Metal in general, and I'm sure there are a few people who will be dissapointed, I think that some bands simply shouldn't be exposed to 13+ year old children coming here to play games.

Work continues, but with some additional new Group Stage to put together. =)

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:58pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

Death and Black Metal are off the table and won't be featured in this edition

Well that's a shame =(

Also...is Math Metal going to be a category? If not..where will Meshuggah be categorized? (I'm assuming you have them in the contest..for obvious reasons)

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 4:39pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,627 posts

Meshuggah is in allright... can't you figure out where they are filed under? =P

And Death/Black is simply not suitable for 13+ gaming kids here... surely you understand. ;)

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 5:41pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,041 posts

Knight

Therefor, Death and Black Metal are off the table and won't be featured in this edition.

Aw shoot! Does that mean Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth are out of race, or does the fact some consider it melodeath save their candidature?

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 7:15pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

Meshuggah is in allright... can't you figure out where they are filed under? =P

Well..I'm guessing not Math Metal D=

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 1:16pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,627 posts

@ HahiHa : You were the first name that came to mind when I decided to extract that group from the competition. Sorry... both bands are off the table. Just hope you will participate nontheless? =)

@ pangtongshu : Meshuggah is actually "Progressive Metal". They play a fusion of Extreme Metal, fast-tempo Death Metal, Thrash Metal and Progressive Metal with Jazz Fusion elements. Even though they have a lot of labels/genres (as do a LOT of bands in the Metal scene), I decided they are best suited in this genre as a whole. Those that wish to dispute, please wait untill the competition starts, ok? ;)

---

Allright, to keep the updates rolling in and inform everyone, here's the latest... =)

Whilst Death/Black Metal has been erased, it has been replaced with another Group, though I'll keep it a mystery for now... love having me some mystery around the competition! Heheh...

Fixed the new Template for the new Group taking the place for Death/Black Metal and I'm half way through making the Group introductions now. No fixed date for launch yet, but I'm still working harder than ever to get this forged quickly!

Just to provide some idea to those that are a little impatient, here's what I have on my checklist... =P

Checklist M.B.W.C. - Edition III

Check - Make new "M.B.W.C. III" logo
Check - Compose Group Stages by genre
Check - Gather band logos
Check - Make Group Stage templates
Check - Make Final Stage templates
Check - Make Group Stage compositions
_____ - Write up Group Stage introductions (50%)
_____ - Gather band information/examples (25%)
_____ - Write up thread OP with links
_____ - Test
_____ - LAUNCH!!!

And for all those Metalheads out there... check this thread for any updates and do tell your friends here to participate when the time comes! The more people voting, the better the competition gets! Can't do it without you guys... =)

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:36pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

****, im not a huge death/black metal fan, but Behemoth is *******ing sick!
Look forward to it though, and grats on getting Mod DayCee! I remember always  thinking to myself that you should be a mod :)

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:39pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

Amon Amarth

Surely they are appropriate?
I always classified them as melodeath anyway.

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 6:04am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,119 posts

Knight

And Death/Black is simply not suitable for 13+ gaming kids here... surely you understand. ;)

:(

So, no more grindcore? What about doom metal? Sludge metal? D:

Why is Amon Amarth taken out?! It's mostly about vikings anyway. Haha. Glad to see this is alive though.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 11:31pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

/\\ /\\ /\\ /\\

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!