Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Feb 19, '10 at 6:18pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,734 posts

Truly, I hope not.

Well... we're still waiting for more votes to change the rankings... so people: VOTE!!!

Rankings stay at:

- Pantera                     4
- Avenged Sevenfold   3
- Manowar                   2
- Sepultura                  1

*taps fingers on desk* Anyone? =)

Posted Feb 19, '10 at 7:25pm

SpyreWorks

SpyreWorks

189 posts

Avenged Sevenfold isn't ****ing metal, it's crappy metalcore arena rock. Hell, it's hardly even metalcore anymore. I demand they be removed.

Either way, I vote for Manowar.

Posted Feb 20, '10 at 9:45am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

*sigh*
I was hoping to wait out this battle, since I don't like any of them.  Guess I'll go youtube 'em.   Vote coming..

No idea what songs to listen to so I'm judging based on:
Avenged Sevenfold - Seize the Day (zzz..)
Pantera - Cowboys from hell (yuck..)
Manowar - Warriors of the world (don't like this guy's voice, music was decent)
Sepultura - Arise (good grief that was the worst.. bad vocals, bad uh..  er..  music if you can call it that)

So my vote goes to Manowar. 

Side note:  The guy from Manowar could sing back up for Hetfield, or visa versa don't you think?

Posted Feb 20, '10 at 4:53pm

WexMajor82

WexMajor82

929 posts

Side note:  The guy from Manowar could sing back up for Hetfield, or visa versa don't you think?

Eric Adams has 4 or 5 set of voices; listen to a few songs and you'll see - hear -. I haven't ever heard anyone capable to change his voice in this way.

Posted Feb 21, '10 at 7:40pm

digi_cai

digi_cai

275 posts

So? New group?

Posted Feb 22, '10 at 7:29am

goumas13

goumas13

4,487 posts

New rankings are:
- Pantera                     4
- Manowar                   4
- Avenged Sevenfold    3
- Sepultura                  1

Posted Feb 23, '10 at 4:29am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,734 posts

Avenged Sevenfold isn't ****ing metal, it's crappy metalcore arena rock. Hell, it's hardly even metalcore anymore. I demand they be removed.

I answered that question to another user before... if they are put in the box with Metal music by the 'all-knowing' music critics, then... they're Metal... even if they don't feel like they are Metal themselves! ;)
And groups/bands will not be removed, it is as it is... =)

He definitely could! They do have a similar voice reach and pitch for some songs, so he could even well be related to him! =P
But Hetfield does lack a wider reach and pitch so maybe the other way around would be better... LOL ;)

So? New group?

Sorry digi_cai... not yet! We still need the decision vote in this group!

Like Goumas showed us, there's a tie between Pantera and Manowar, so we still need one more vote for one of them!

Who's willing to decide this group?!? =D

Posted Feb 23, '10 at 1:00pm

SpyreWorks

SpyreWorks

189 posts

I answered that question to another user before... if they are put in the box with Metal music by the 'all-knowing' music critics, then... they're Metal... even if they don't feel like they are Metal themselves! ;)
And groups/bands will not be removed, it is as it is... =)

If a music critic told you Taylor Swift was black metal would you agree with them? Don't be such a bloody fool. I understand that now you've put them in you can't remove them, but if you start putting non-metal artists (aka Avenged Sevenfold) in a METAL competition, the entire thing becomes redundant.

Posted Feb 23, '10 at 7:44pm

nonconformist

nonconformist

988 posts

If a music critic told you Taylor Swift was black metal would you agree with them? Don't be such a bloody fool. I understand that now you've put them in you can't remove them, but if you start putting non-metal artists (aka Avenged Sevenfold) in a METAL competition, the entire thing becomes redundant.

This coming from a guy who probably listens to 3 inches of blood, behemoth, cannibal corpse, and Job for a Cowboy. Sorry that Avenged Sevenfold lost the crappy screaming they had from their first album... Cuz Bands who only use screaming as there vocals are just distastful. It screws with the amazing guitar, and amazing drumming.  I mean i guess everyones entitled to their own opinions.

metalcore arena rock.
Um yeaaa... See this is what i mean. I hate how many gay stupid categories people decide to make up. Basically thats how you can tell whos into the screamo crappy music out there... Is when they can start stating all these different kind of rock subcategories, and metal categories, and even metal/rock subcategories, that basically no one even knows..

I mean to see that itunes classifies them as metal, im gonna have to go with them on this one, not one person out there that thinks there always right... Whether or not there metal it doesn't matter to me there just a good band.. I just hate the god **** ignorant complainers on this website

Posted Feb 24, '10 at 2:44pm

PurEvil

PurEvil

173 posts

Good points nonconformist, I agree with you, except for the point about "screaming" bands being distasteful. Some bands are, but not every band that growls/screams/squeals etc. sucks:)

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!