Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Feb 25, '10 at 3:31am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,798 posts

I'm happy to see that there are indeed some people left who like to discuss the genre topic on the 'are they metal or not?' -issue! Always a good thing! =)

But the main issue in this thread remains unsolved...

>>> Who will win this group battle?!?

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 10:40am

hitmanvp95

hitmanvp95

1,120 posts

I highly sugest that you create another group, before this thread dies.

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 11:35am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,798 posts

Duely noted hitman, but I already have the next group alligned and ready to enter the competition! =)

It's just that I want a fair win by one band in this matter, so I'm waiting for one of the leading bands to get a vote... the first of the two leading bands to get a vote wins and THEN we can move on to the next group! ;)

Soooo... ANYONE? one... one... one... :S

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 12:15pm

hitmanvp95

hitmanvp95

1,120 posts

Duely noted hitman, but I already have the next group alligned and ready to enter the competition! =)

It's just that I want a fair win by one band in this matter, so I'm waiting for one of the leading bands to get a vote... the first of the two leading bands to get a vote wins and THEN we can move on to the next group! ;)

Soooo... ANYONE? one... one... one... :S

Yeah you're right. It's quite a good thread you have right here dude, it's surprising how it got 18 pages in such little time. 0_o

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 12:20pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,798 posts

I think it is a really good thread too, but somehow I get the feeling that there are way more users out there on AG that have interest for Metal music! I just somehow can't find them to find this thread... :(

And credit to who earns it, Agent_AAS founded this thread and asked me and Goumas13 to mod it with him! But somehow he fell of the face of the earth... neither of us have heard anything from him for a month now... not even a peep! Sure hope he's allright though... :S

But Goumas and me will be continuing the thread while he's absent, just hope he will return! Someday...

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 2:54pm

SpyreWorks

SpyreWorks

189 posts

This coming from a guy who probably listens to 3 inches of blood, behemoth, cannibal corpse, and Job for a Cowboy. Sorry that Avenged Sevenfold lost the crappy screaming they had from their first album... Cuz Bands who only use screaming as there vocals are just distastful. It screws with the amazing guitar, and amazing drumming.  I mean i guess everyones entitled to their own opinions.

What? This has nothing to do with "crappy screaming". They're simply not metal. And I do listen to Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse. But they don't scream. They growl.

Um yeaaa... See this is what i mean. I hate how many gay stupid categories people decide to make up. Basically thats how you can tell whos into the screamo crappy music out there... Is when they can start stating all these different kind of rock subcategories, and metal categories, and even metal/rock subcategories, that basically no one even knows..

You're idiocy is astounding. I'm sure you know what metalcore and arena rock are. Now put them together. Congratulations! Now you have metalcore arena rock. Metalcore for ARENAS. If that simple concept is still beyond your grasp you might want to take a quick little trip to Wikipedia and read up about it. If that still doesn't work I'll gladly direct you to your 3rd grade classroom where you can learn the idea of "putting words together".

Not to mention that completely disregarding someones argument just to call them "gay stupid" is pretty **** awful.

I mean to see that itunes classifies them as metal

Actually they don't. Avenged Sevenfold's albums are classified as "Rock" in iTunes. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

ignorant complainers

Oh, please.

On topic though, you might just want to make a new group of bands. Either that or invite someone you know with an ArmorGames account to vote.

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 5:41pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,798 posts

Hey come on guys... keep it friendly, ok? =)

I agree with SpyreWorks that his argumenting on the topic is solid and most important... he IS entitled to have a voice in the discussion, wether it's agreed upon by others or not...

And that ends the discussion, agreed? ;)

As for the voting... I will give it till Monday for someone to vote on the group and make the dicision on what to do next after that, ok?
Again, I have the next group ready, but we need a dicision still... ;)

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 5:46pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,798 posts

And I had a look in the thread's guidelines, there will be a playoff (if needed) for a group when a tie is reached between two bands...

So that's the probable action to take, but only IF there's no vote before coming Monday! ;)

Posted Feb 26, '10 at 7:44pm

SpyreWorks

SpyreWorks

189 posts

If the next group has an non-metal, I'm going to flip out, ok? Don't disappoint me now :P

Posted Feb 27, '10 at 3:18am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,798 posts

LOL But, wait... when it HAS a Metal band your REALLY like... you will flip out too! :P

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!