Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Jan 21, '10 at 7:47pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,207 posts

It took some time for me to make a decision on what band I wanted to vote on myself, but I ended up voting for... Helloween! (didn't see that one coming ay?!)

Although Judas Priest is a band that definitely belongs in the hall of fame on 'oldschool metal-bands' (and I am confident they will end up passing the group stage), I still chose the (yes yes again...) underdog in this group.
The vote is based on my actual introducing to the metal genre when I was the age of 11. First band I heard was Helloween and their song I Want Out from the album 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys (Part 2)' from 1988. That song really gave me an 'eargasm' (at that age? yeeeeeeessssss! hahaa)

So with my vote added, the statistics for Group C are now:

Judas Priest-2
Helloween-1
DragonForce-0
Skid Row-0

Posted Jan 22, '10 at 12:37am

Fyrefox

Fyrefox

2,158 posts

I'll go with Judas Priest. It's songs like "Painkiller" and "Breaking The Law" that got me into metal. Plus Glenn Tipton is one of the most underrated, 'awesomest' guitarists I know of. K.K. is pretty good, but Glenn is honestly better.

Posted Jan 22, '10 at 12:38pm

butanol

butanol

40 posts

dragon force

Posted Jan 22, '10 at 12:41pm

butanol

butanol

40 posts

dragon force because the song Trough the Fire and Flames

Posted Jan 22, '10 at 12:49pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,422 posts

dragon force because the song Trough the Fire and Flames

You voted on DragonForce because the song Trough the Fire and Flames is good, right? OK

My vote: It goes for Judas Priest because it's the band with more great songs in this group, like "Painkiller", "Breaking the Law", "Eletric eye", it was hard to decide, as I like Skid Row so much too, the band that made the awesome song "Slave to the Grind".

And MrDayCee, the song "I Want Out", by Helloween, is really good, but it's the only one I heard from this band.

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-1
Helloween-1
Skid Row-0

Posted Jan 22, '10 at 2:37pm

WexMajor82

WexMajor82

1,067 posts

Helloween. The Dark Ride is pure awesomeness made music.
Try listening at the solo... \\m/

Posted Jan 22, '10 at 4:08pm

nonconformist

nonconformist

1,177 posts

I wish i was back on armorgames when this thread came out, this is a pretty epic thread I must say. And so far I personally agree that all the bands you have posted are Metal bands (except pink floyd, those guys are wayyy to mellow.. They did help form rock, but i personally dont think they help formed metal). Im also hoping avenged sevenfold pops up soon, that band is amazing (R.I.P The Rev)...

Anyways now onto voting. It looks like judas priest will make it, but i want a close second. So im picking DragonForce because of this. Haha, also because in there video the guy pics up a beer during the solo and takes a drink, then starts playing again. Pretty epppiccc. Anyways thats my vote. DragonForce.

Posted Jan 23, '10 at 10:52am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,207 posts

Looks like more and more people get interested in the Metal Bands World Cup competition! YEAH!

So far there's one more person backing me up on the Helloween-vote and one more for the awesome guitarists of DragonForce, making it a total of...

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-2
Helloween-2
Skid Row-0

Nobody wants to help Skid Row with a vote? Poor guys...

Looks like it's going to be a deathmatch between DragonForce and Helloween! *and the crowd goes wild* \\,,/_

Posted Jan 24, '10 at 3:03pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,422 posts

That's good to hear you liked the thread, and there is going to be Avenged Sevenfold for sure.

Posted Jan 24, '10 at 4:17pm

digi_cai

digi_cai

281 posts

Group C: SKID ROW. Awesome band.
"18 and life" rocks!

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!