ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 305207
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Sorry, the Rules and guidelines link is broken, please try this one:

Well, let's begin with group A:

*Led Zeppelin
*Deep Purple
*Pink Floyd
*Alice Cooper

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

All the mods in the thread battle of the bands are allowed to be a mod in the world cup.

Led Zeppelin-0
Deep Purple-0
Pink Floyd-0
Alice Cooper-0

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,247 posts

Pink Floyd-0

Psychedelic rock, not metal.

Any way, seeing as they are up there, I'll choose Pink Floyd, simply because Waiting for the Worms and Hey You are freaking awesome.
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
345 posts

Pink Floyd, though they technically shouldn't be here. Anyways, nearly all of Pink Floyd's music is amazing (well, the Waters led stuff). Plus, Wish You Were Here is probably one of the sexiest albums, if not THE sexiest album ever.

Centie
Centie
251 posts

None of these bands are metal except alice cooper,

REAL METAL

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,837 posts

Pink Floyd, though they technically shouldn't be here. Anyways, nearly all of Pink Floyd's music is amazing (well, the Waters led stuff). Plus, Wish You Were Here is probably one of the sexiest albums, if not THE sexiest album ever.

They were good without Waters. MLoR was okay, but Division Bell was easily as good as the Final Cut or Meddle or Animals.

Even though they're not even close to metal, PF because they're the greatest band of all-time(imo) and win all music contests instantly.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,697 posts

lol led zepplin=metal???

hey guy up top there. list some different bands first off... RIGHT NOW!!!!

but if youre going to be a stuborn little douche (hopfully you wont) then i guess i vote for zepplin

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,247 posts

If you have 4 groups, have the following in each one of them: Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.

Don't complain.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,781 posts

lol led zepplin i would love to see stairway to heavan as metal....

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,092 posts

Lol, Metallica.

Why you don't like them? Even if you don't you must admit they made a huge contribute to the music world. Oh and Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are not Metal, i dunno abouyt Alice, but i don't think he is neither. If you're gonna do a thread like this, at least do it right.
joao99
joao99
352 posts

Well, let's begin with group A:
*Led Zeppelin
*Deep Purple
*Pink Floyd
*Alice Cooper

Metallica rules man...why u chose alice cooper? omg
I predict no sucess for this thread
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

OK people, I just forgot to say that I opened the competition with bands that helped forming the metal, so, sorry.

I counted the votes made by EnterOrion, DefinitelyCrazy and delossantosj, thanks for voting!

Pink Floyd-2
Led Zeppelin-1
Alice cooper-0
Deep Purple-0

Keep voting people!

PS: Metal fans, you wont be disapointed when you see the next group, I am sure!

chaotix567
chaotix567
883 posts

nearly all of Pink Floyd's music is amazing (well, the Waters led stuff)
What about the Pre-Waters era, stuff guys, let's think back to Syd Barret for a second, and remember two words... ARNOLD LAYNE!!!!!

Now, onto the subject of my voting. As the Floydian that I am, people would expect me to vote for PF, but seeing as how this is a METAL thread, I'm gonna have to take another direction, for genre discrepancy.

In closing, my vote goes to Led Zeppelin, there influence on all riff-heavy, testosterone-filled music that followed is simply unmeasurable, so they come across as more influential to Heavy Metal as we know it.

/Fin.
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Thanks for your vote chaotix567

Pink Floyd-2
Led Zeppelin-2
Alice Cooper-0
Deep Purple-0

PF and Zeplin are almost going to the next stage, but Alice Cooper and Deep Purple still have a chance.

Google567
Google567
3,998 posts

Two of those an't even metal bands.

Showing 1-15 of 1638