ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 304577
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,401 posts

Two more votes in! And that means this group is closed!

The last (final) ranking for group E shows us:

System of a Down-6 >>> Group E Winner <<<
Soundgarden-3 >>> Group E 'Runner Up' <<<
Rage Against the Machine-2 >>> Eliminated <<<
Faith no More-1 >>> Eliminated <<<

Although my band (RatM) didn't win, I'm still pleased with the outcome of this group!
It gave us a pretty good band-battle to follow!

Next group (F) will be up soon! =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,401 posts

Easy there digi_cai... patience is a virtue you know...

The group (F) is ready, but I need to clear something with Agent_AAS before I post it. And since he IS the creator/founder of this Metal Bands World Cup, you need to show some patience, ok?

I promiss that group F will be posted on thursday morning at the latest, but that is if I don't recieve a reply from Agent_AAS... if I do, it will be posted sooner! =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,401 posts

I haven't heard back from the 'mastermod' of this thread yet, so (as promised) I will now put up the next group (F) for voting on the Metal Bands World Cup!

Group F consists of:

- Sepultura
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Pantera
- Manowar

So, plug in your 'guitars', turn up the volume to "are-you-nuts?!" and fire away those votes! =D

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,094 posts

My vote goes to Pantera, i just don't like Sepultura after Cavalera left.

Centie
Centie
251 posts

Avenged Sevenfold, NOT METAL... If you're gonna make a metal band world cup you have to at least know what metal is!

digi_cai
digi_cai
277 posts

This is so unfair... I really like Sepultura, Max Cavalera is a great musician!

But PanterA is PanterA, they are just music gods.
My vote goes to them, of course.
Best band ever, unique band.

goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

Avenged Sevenfold, NOT METAL...

Avenged Sevenfold is metal at least according to Wikipedia.

The rankings are:
Pantera 2
Sepultura 0
Avenged Sevenfold 0
Manowar 0
hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,094 posts

Then you should know the wikipedia isn't always right.
Centie
Centie
251 posts

Then you should know the wikipedia isn't always right

Most of the time it is.

People who think they are metal post that, and then other people see it and beleive it and nobody changes it.
goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

Then you should know the wikipedia isn't always right.

I don't disagree but the fact is that Verba volant, scripta manent.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,401 posts

To mix myself in this discussion (but only veeeery shortly), the genre Metal is very extensive, meaning there are a lot of subgenres in this music stream.

Therefor, Avenged Sevenfold is placed in this genre by the criteria used to determine what music is placed in what genre.

Allthough some people might think they are not Metal, maybe even the band itself who knows, they do belong in this genre, due to the criteria that defines the Metal genre.

Now enough with the chit-chat... vote people! =D

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,033 posts

ManOwaR of course.
One of the last survivor band of HEAVY METAL!
True HEAVY, not speed, not new, not epic. HEAVY METAL.
How METAL should be.

goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

The new rankings are:
Pantera 2
Manowar 1
Sepultura 0
Avenged Sevenfold 0

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,111 posts

Im goin Avenged Sevenfold.. But im not exactly sure how A7X isn't metal... when even under rockband standards its considered metal... Even under itunes its considered metal..
epic fail to whoever said they weren't metal... what are they then? Rock.. Cuz rock isn't anywhere near as hardcore as A7X. And if your gonna say A7X is screamo well thats only there first album. start listening to there new stuff...

Anyways A7X has my vote. No other band out there has as great dual guitar players as Avenged sevenfold does. Like at The ending of Sidewinder, well lets just say thats what got me fully into avenged sevenfold. Then i listened to The Revs beats.. Compared to every other drummer out there hes probably one of the greatest. Just listen to a little peice of heaven. He switches beats extremely quickly while still making it sound good.. Not to mention he sings while playing, so congrats to him..

PurEvil
PurEvil
418 posts

I'll join in on avenged sevenfold.
Manowar make some cool music as well, but I prefer AS.
Sepultra and Pantera i don't know that good, so that's my vote people.
And btw, what genre would you put Avenged Sevenfold in?

Showing 136-150 of 1638