ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 307202
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Yes, I was a bit surprised too, since they seem very popular in The States.. guess I was really mistaken about that or there are simply no Slipknot fans on AG! o_O

About the concert, you were talking about the Megadeth - Testament - Exodus 'TripleMetalFest'? Would have been great to see them live... maybe I will catch them on a festival in Europe somewhere, hope so... =D

grimml
grimml
881 posts
Peasant

@ MrDayCee: I reccomend you the Sonisphere Festival. For example in Switzerland:

goumas13
goumas13
4,776 posts
Regent

I will vote Testament, I like their sound, it's a great traditional heavy metal sound.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

One more vote for TestamenT! It's a tie between TestamenT and Hammerfall!

The statistics now show us:

- Hammerfall - 4
- Testament - 4
- Slipknot - 1
- Obituary - 0

Anyone want to put Obituary out of their mysery?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

@grimml: Yes! I've actually seen the massive line-up for this years Sonisphere Festival!
Althought I have been thinking about it, I won't be able to go to it...
Work doesn't allow me to go, because I already go to two other festivals this year: Rock Werchter (Belgium) and Pinkpop (The Netherlands)!

But I've seen MetallicA twice already! Once at Pinkpop 2008 and once at Rock Werchter 2009! So I'm only sorry I won't be able to see Megadeth... I really want to see them sometime! A friend of mine even got to talk to Dave Mustain a few years ago when attending to a concert of them! *makes jealous face*

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,092 posts
Peasant

@ MrDayCee: I reccomend you the Sonisphere Festival. For example in Switzerland:

I'd kill to see the Big 4 of Thrash at that festival.
Psychoace
Psychoace
386 posts
Peasant

Obituary. Florida death metal needs some fucking love. Slowly we rot..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

And someone DID hear my call for the 'mercy-shot' at Obituary! LOL

And the ranking is updated to:

- Hammerfall - 4
- Testament - 4
- Slipknot - 1
- Obituary - 1

But fair is fair and the rules state that we still need to know why you helped them out of a mercy point of view Psychoace... sorry... please tell us!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

I'd kill to see the Big 4 of Thrash at that festival.

Like I replied to grimml... I'd kill to see them too! =)
But 'they took away my gun'... boohoo... darned...
marioman327
marioman327
291 posts
Peasant

I will cast the winning vote, and it shall be for Testament! Good classic band, this is actually metal! Lol at Hammerfall, their lyrics are just....funny...Still have good music though
"...by any means ne-ce-ssary" hahahaa

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Well, you did marioman327! The voting for this group is closed with a winning vote for TestamenT!

Final rankings for this group are:

-Testament - 5 >> Group Winner! <<
-Hammerfall - 4 >> Runner Up! <<
-Slipknot - 1 - Eliminated
-Obituary - 1 - Eliminated

The voting for this group is closed!
Next group will be upsoon...

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,031 posts
Peasant

I'm still waiting for the next group...
Hope it will be a good one.
Just forget that troll thread and let it die in oblivion.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Which troll thread do you mean WexMajor? o_0

Google567
Google567
3,998 posts
Blacksmith

Well Wex, both threds are pretty crappy. This one is just picking alright bands and the other is just random bands or singers that pop into his head.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

The last and final Group (H) in this 'Metal Bands World Cup' will be a (sort of) miscellaneous group, BUT... the biggest and most respected 'name' in the world of Metal will be in it!

Let's see if this 'name' keeps up to the reputation that he/they earned throughout the years...

Group H:
- Ronny James DIO
- Motley Crue
- Iced Earth
- Nightwish

Allright you Metal Maniacs out there... FIRE AWAY!!! \\,,/_

Showing 211-225 of 1638