ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 305209
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,092 posts

Led Zeppelin gets my vote, Megadeth is good nut not as influential as Led Zeppelin.

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,031 posts

Megadeth gets my vote, Led zeppelin are a bit too retro for my taste in music.

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts

Megadeth. I couldn't care less about influence, Megadeth is just better!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,454 posts

First round takes three 'unches'!

Megadeth - 2
Led Zeppelin - 1

And the referee says... fight! =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts

Wow, kind of a tough vote for me actually. I only like a few of Megadeth's songs, but the ones I like, I love. I like more of Zeppelin's songs, but not as much as the ones I like by Megadeth. I think I'll flip a coin and say Megadeth is my choice. This one's for you MrDayCee.. after all, you're the one who posted the lyrics for Sweating Bullets on the Guess the Lyrics thread weren't you? Lol.

Hello Me, meet the real Me!

marioman327
marioman327
291 posts

Led Zeppelin is not metal...if I had to classify them under anything I'd say they're progressive classic rock. Pick a new band please.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,247 posts

Led Zeppelin is not metal...if I had to classify them under anything I'd say they're progressive classic rock. Pick a new band please.

They were chosen long ago. And yes, they're metal. More along the classic heavy metal side, not the stereotypical Metallica you're used to seeing as metal.

I pick Megadeth. They are better in my opinion than Zeppelin. While of course Led Zeppelin is epic, Megadeth makes better music, as far as I'm concerned.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,454 posts

Hello Me, meet the real Me!

And my misfit's way of life...
A dark black past is my
most valued possession...

Yup! That was me! LOL
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,454 posts

Two more for MegadetH! Guess Led Zeppelin will be shoved off the board pretty quickly here!
o_O

Megadeth - 4
Led Zeppelin - 1

@marioman327: EnterOrion is completely correct there! Thanx EnterOrion for the explaining...

This is the KnockOut Stage of the competition, so the bands are set as it is, no changing them...

But if you're into MetallicA, wait till the next round, they're in there!

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,111 posts

megadeth... basically if were gonna go for "metal" ill choose them.. Led zepplin is just to classic.. basically sounding like rock these days. So megadeth for sure

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,454 posts

Another one for Megadeth!! Going steady there! =)

Small announcement in between... since the knockout stage only consists of 2 bands, I'm putting the winning vote count at 10 votes. This way all users that voted in this thread can be given a chance to participate in the rounds.
If it turns out that it's not a viable course of action, I'll put the limit back to 5, but it's unlikely that it will...

So... current standinds show us:

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 5
Led Zeppelin - 1

Come on people... give Led Zeppelin a chance! =D

PurEvil
PurEvil
418 posts

Megadeth
I don't listen to them a lot, but I nearly don't listen to Zeppelin either, and imo Megadeth makes better music

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,454 posts

Guess this really is becoming a 'knock out round' for Led Zeppelin... Megadeth is throwing punches like a madman and Led Zeppelin takes them, one after the other! o_O

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 6
Led Zeppelin - 1

Anyone wants to help them? =D

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,385 posts

Oh Led Zeppelin....the most successful metal band of all time...I hate to do this to you but I love Thrash Metal. Megadeth all the way.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,454 posts

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 7
Led Zeppelin - 2

Two more votes coming close to the end line for this KO round! *drums please* =D

Showing 256-270 of 1638