ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1636 303808
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,636 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

Who? 'Agalloch'? Never heard of them... :S
Well, maybe for the next edition of the 'MBWC' then...

We still need three more votes to present a winner in this 'MBWC', so come on people...

VOTE!!! =D

goumas13
goumas13
4,779 posts

Megadeth are a very good metal band, nonetheless I will vote led Zeppelin, they are one of the progenitors of heavy metal and also I personally love their sound and many of their songs. Black dog for example is an amazing song.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

And another vote for Led Zeppelin! Will they catch up to Megadeth's voting-streak towards victory in this thread?

Update on the ranking shows:

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 7
Led Zeppelin - 3

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

I think it's time to throw my vote in the arena as well... =)

I vote for Led Zeppelin! Allthough Megadeth is a great Metal band with some real jewlz in their discography in order of riffs and lyrics... they are still no match for one of the founding bands of the Metal genre!
Led Zeppelin have proven to be pioneers in music by stretching and altering the (up to that point in time) much loved Rock and Roll and set a new course to the unknown horizon...
They can't be ignored (and shouldn't be!) as one of the fathers of our current Metal mania!

So with my personal vote in, the new ranking shows:

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 7
Led Zeppelin - 4

Will it still become an exciting finish? =D

metalrockmania
metalrockmania
23 posts

Led Zeppelin for me men !!.. Jimmy page .. ! Long live 'Stairway to heaven'

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

Megadeth has started with a rush, but now Led Zeppelin is catching up to them as it seems! =D

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 7
Led Zeppelin - 5

Never thought this was going to happen, but hey...

'It ain't over, till the fat lady sings!' as they say... =D

anoose
anoose
107 posts

My vote goes to Megadeth. I personally don't consider Led Zeppelin metal so I can't vote for them.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

Megadeth is creeping towards the finish line... will they make it or will they be surpassed by Led Zeppelin with a last breath sprint?! o_0

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 8
Led Zeppelin - 5

Still exciting to see what the outcome will be...

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,033 posts

I hope you understand you'll need 19 people to vote in the worst scenario.
Not the best idea you had got...

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts

Led Zeppelin, legendary stuff! Megadeth wouldn't be near their style if it hadn't been for Led Zep being there first!

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,387 posts

I personally don't consider Led Zeppelin metal so I can't vote for them.
Dude....Led Zeppelin is 100% Metal. But I wanted Megadeth to win anyway so as long as you picked them.
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,315 posts

Led Zeppelin is totally metal. The only reason why you young 'uns don't think they're metal is because they're not nearly as loud as those crap bands you guys listen to. Led Zeppelin, along with The Who, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, and Deep Purple, invented the music that we now call "heavy metal" today. Without those bands, Megadeth simply wouldn't exist. So I vote for Led Zeppelin. That's totally ridiculous that they're losing to Megadeth, who doesn't have close to the catalogue Led Zeppelin had.

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts

The only reason you old 'uns think Led Zeppelin are metal is because it was the loudest thing you ever heard back then. Zep are great, but not metal, hard rock at best, though considered simply classic rock by most. And The Who aren't metal by a loooong stretch.

anoose
anoose
107 posts

Led Zeppelin is totally metal. The only reason why you young 'uns don't think they're metal is because they're not nearly as loud as those crap bands you guys listen to. Led Zeppelin, along with The Who, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, and Deep Purple, invented the music that we now call "heavy metal" today. Without those bands, Megadeth simply wouldn't exist. So I vote for Led Zeppelin. That's totally ridiculous that they're losing to Megadeth, who doesn't have close to the catalogue Led Zeppelin had.

You're 15... calling people in the same age group as you "young 'uns" just makes you look ridiculous. I don't think they're metal because they're not, they're hard rock. Led Zeppelin helped lay the groundwork, but Black Sabbath was the first band to play pure heavy metal.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

@ WexMajor: I think the problem solved itself pretty quick there!

Two more votes for Led Zeppelin! They're closing in on Megadeth!! =D

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 8
Led Zeppelin - 7

Anyone want to make it a tie?! o_0

Showing 271-285 of 1636