ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1636 303795
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,636 Replies
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Two of those an't even metal bands.

OK people, I just forgot to say that I opened the competition with bands that helped forming the metal, so, sorry.
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
345 posts

OK people, I just forgot to say that I opened the competition with bands that helped forming the metal, so, sorry.

I wouldn't really say that Pink Floyd helped form metal, however Led Zeppelin did (unfortunately).
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

I wouldn't really say that Pink Floyd helped form metal, however Led Zeppelin did (unfortunately).

Each person has your own opinion, in my opinion they did, in yours, didnt. So I am going to pick just real metal bands now, not metal formers, to decrease the amount of people complaining.

Lets continue with this group until one reaches 5 votes
Pink Floyd-2
Led Zeppelin-2
Alice Cooper-0
Deep Purple-0
Irockths
Irockths
231 posts

Ok, we're gonna have to get to some metal like
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

Hmm only one of these bands hasn't been on Guitar Hero.

Anyway, if I HAD to vote, I'd go with Deep Purple.

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Thanks for the exmamples, do you want to give a point to Deep Purple?

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,093 posts

My vote goes to Deep Purple, they, along with Sabbath, were the ones who helped create Metal.

dimismx
dimismx
171 posts

I'll give a a point to Deep Purple just because i like 'em more than the other bands.

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Pink Floyd-2
Led Zeppelin-2
Deep Purple-2
Alice Cooper-0

Yeah, Deep Purple is going up! Will this classic band survive for the knockout stage?

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Oh, almost forgot to vote! My vote goes to Led Zeppelin, because they invented the genre called heavy metal, also, they made thousands of good songs. Starway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, The Immigrant song, Whole Lotta Love and many others.

Led Zeppelin-3
Deep Purple-2
Pink Floyd-2
Alice Cooper-0

Holden012
Holden012
2,007 posts

Alice Cooper , I like the song Schools Out! Who made Smoke On Water? was it Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

Deep Purple, which is why I'm going to vote for them. Their songs are turned into basketball game songs for bands and they make great ones at that!

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,695 posts

Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin..

Led Zeppelin or Deep purple..

Not an easy choice.. But I will go with Led Zeppelin

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
883 posts

Gonna go with Led Zepplin on this one

@Irockths, hmm why does it feel like all the bands you put up are all poser bands?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,695 posts

@Irockths, hmm why does it feel like all the bands you put up are all poser bands?

Lol That's funny, made me lol in rl xD
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,320 posts

I've taken up the offer to help mod this thread, so...

Stats so far rule this outcome...

Led Zeppelin-6
Deep Purple-3
Pink Floyd-2
Alice Cooper-1

Led Zeppelin is in the lead! Will Deep Purple catch up? =)

Showing 16-30 of 1636