ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 305152
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

@ WexMajor: I think the problem solved itself pretty quick there!

Two more votes for Led Zeppelin! They're closing in on Megadeth!! =D

KO-Round 1

Megadeth - 8
Led Zeppelin - 7

Anyone want to make it a tie?! o_0

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

And to mix myself in the discussion... o_0

There's a huge difference in the evolution of Metal music since it first came to our ears... allthough the early Metal might not sound like the new Metal we're used to hear nowadays, it's still Metal by definition!

Heavy metal music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the United Kingdom and the United States.
With roots in blues-rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness. Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are generally associated with masculinity and machismo.

The first heavy metal bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple attracted large audiences, though they were often critically reviled, a status common throughout the history of the genre. In the mid-1970s Judas Priest helped spur the genre's evolution by discarding much of its blues influence; Motörhead introduced a punk rock sensibility and an increasing emphasis on speed. Bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal such as Iron Maiden followed in a similar vein. Before the end of the decade, heavy metal had attracted a worldwide following of fans known as "metalheads" or "headbangers".

Allthough I got this from wikipedia and I know some people will say [i]don't believe everything on it[i], this IS the true definition of (Heavy) Metal music! For once wikipedia has something that's actually true! LOL XD

So accept the fact that Led Zeppelin is one of the bands that lay the groundworks for the Metal genre and enjoy the music... that last part is the biggest reason of all that you should have!

Listen to the music and enjoy it...
Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,211 posts

I vote Led Zeppelin. Megadeth suck and they can't spell death either.

young 'uns don't think they're metal is because they're not nearly as loud as those crap bands you guys listen to.

Kids love underground melodeath!
goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

The score is now:
Megadeth - 8
Led Zeppelin - 8

Anyone want to make it a tie?

It seems that somebody wanted to make it a tie.
SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts

I vote Led Zeppelin. Megadeth suck and they can't spell death either.

Led Zeppelin can't spell lead. Durr.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

Led Zeppelin can't spell lead. Durr.

LOL But wait... if it would have been 'Lead Zeppelin'... that thing wouldn't fly at all! ROFL! XD

It's becoming really exciting now with a tie! =D
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts

This is the longest battle I've seen on any of these battle threads. It lost all chance of "exciting" a couple of pages back... Do you really insist on making it to 10?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

Led Zeppelin is not a metal group. However, I hate metal and happen to be quite fond of Led Zeppelin.

Armpit
Armpit
792 posts

Megadeath just seems so unmelodious. Led Zeppelin is one of the most legendary hard-rock groups of all time. I'd choose legendary over unmelodious any day of the week.

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts

Megadeath just seems so unmelodious. Led Zeppelin is one of the most legendary hard-rock groups of all time. I'd choose legendary over unmelodious any day of the week.

Hello, I'm Megadeth, I don't think we've met.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

I have to wait untill at least one more vote comes in...

I fit doesn't I have to change the rules once more...

I'll wait till Monday and decide what to do then...

Fall0ut
Fall0ut
131 posts

Led zeppelin!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

Allright then! Never thought this would happen... but:

We have two more votes! o_0

All I need from the two voters is the reasoning as to why they vote for that band, so Ernie15 and Fall0ut... reasoning please?!

If these are in, it will be official and the K.O. Round # 1 has a winner! =D

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite groups of hardrockyness. They aren't metal, which makes them much more easy for me to listen to. I feel like they have a much wider variety of music than Megadeth.

That better?

And Armpit voted as well, so that's already 10 votes for Led Zeppelin.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

Allright people... we have our first winner of the K.O. rounds! Yay! =D

Took me some time to figure it out, but the rankings show us a devastating revival of Led Zeppelin!

KO-Round #1

Led Zeppelin - 10 - #1 Winner!
Megadeth - 8 - Eliminated

Next K.O. Round will be put up soon! Stay tuned...

Showing 286-300 of 1638