ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 307200
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
xXsumguyXx
xXsumguyXx
16 posts
Peasant

any hear of lamb of god?...real metal

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Peasant

any hear of lamb of god?...real metal

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOOLLLLLLOLOOLLLLLLROFLROFLRROFL

I cannot express how much that statement made me laugh.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,549 posts
King

Allright then... time for the next round in this Metal Bands World Cup! YaY! =D

KO-Round #2

Metallica - 0
Deep Purple - 0

Ladies and gentlemen... start your engines! =D

# Green lights are on... VOTE!!! #

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

I can't stand listening to Metallica. I feel that way about all metal, but Deep Purple is not metal, and they are much more listenable for me.

<This is a vote for Deep Purple>

Fall0ut
Fall0ut
131 posts
Shepherd

Well this time im going to do the right thing!

I will vote for Metallica for one reason.
They are a heavy metal band! I have allways loved metal becose of the awesome instrumtal use. The gitarr solos and the riffs are the best in the world, and if you have the chance to hear them live... You must go there and hear them play cus Metallica live is one of the best experience in you LIFE!

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Peasant

I can't stand listening to Metallica. I feel that way about all metal, but Deep Purple is not metal, and they are much more listenable for me.

<This is a vote for Deep Purple>

If you can't stand listening to metal, maybe you shouldn't be here hmm? This is a vote for the best metal band, if you hate all metal bands then you shouldn't be voting.

Either way, I vote for Metallica. Deep Purple is great, but I personally prefer Metallica. Older Metallica anyhow.
WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,031 posts
Peasant

Metallica. Hands down winner.
They actually do play metal.
Deep Purple don't.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
775 posts
Peasant

I love smoke on the water. one of the best guitar songs ever. Deep purple!

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,385 posts
Peasant

Thrash Metal against Hard Rock?

I pick the Thrash Metal! (Metallica)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

If you can't stand listening to metal, maybe you shouldn't be here hmm?

This thread would probably be more popular if you didn't shove your opinions down everyone's throat.

I only vote here when there is a non-metal band battling. If there are two metal bands, you won't see me here.
SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Peasant

This thread would probably be more popular if you didn't shove your opinions down everyone's throat.

No, I'm not shoving them down people's throats, I'm stating them.

My point, however, is that you are biased towards metal bands because you do not like metal, yet that's what we're trying to accomplish here (see which is the best metal band). It doesn't quite make sense to me that a person who doesn't like metal votes for a non-metal band to win the Metal Bands World Cup.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,247 posts
Peasant

but Deep Purple is not metal, and they are much more listenable for me.

Actually, they're proper metal, what it originally was. Classic heavy metal I believe it's called. Follows the Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, etc. vein.

My vote is for Metallica. Epic. I do feel like I'm the only one who prefers their melodic stuff more than their abrupt stuff. Also known as 'New' Metallica.

That's also the reason I do quite like their instrumentals. They're not so fast, but still awesome.

Fast stuff is f-ing epic, though. Melodic is just more epic.
chaotix567
chaotix567
883 posts
Peasant

Metallica, they have a lot more stuff I enjoy, Ride the Lightning is one of my favourite Metal albums of all time!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,549 posts
King

Round #2 is on the way... and how! =D

Seems Metallica is taking the lead in this battle... will it be over this quick? Or will Deep Purple fight their way back towards victory...

The battle count show us thus far:

KO-Round #2

Metallica - 6
Deep Purple - 2

Anyone want to make it interesting by nudging Deep Purple back in the saddle? =)

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,313 posts
Shepherd

Oh man, two great bands. Deep Purple was great, but how can they beat out Metallica? Metallica is the sole reason why metal music has remained popular into the 21st century. Sorry Deep Purple, I know you guys were pioneers, but Metallica has just been on top of their game for too long.

Showing 301-315 of 1638