ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 304484
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,379 posts

Oh! I forgot to vote myself... and since I usually cheer for the (sort of) underdog: Deep Purple

Making the stats:

Led Zeppelin-6
Deep Purple-4
Pink Floyd-2
Alice Cooper-1

Reasoning... Led Zeppelin is indeed the better band in this group, but somehow Deep Purple has more 'Rock' in their songs. With this I am referring to the heavier guitar rifs used in their songs as to where Led Zeppelin has more mellow guitar play.

But people... Metal was at first a very mellow genre that evolved through time to a much heavier music, so don't put down other bands that are (at least seem to be) looking like bands not to be posted in this thread...

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Well, lets continue our competition! As I said before, when a band reaches 5 points, the group competition is over. The results:

Led Zeppelin-6-passed to the knockout stage
Deep Purple-4-Passed to the knockout stage
Pink Floyd-2-ELIMINATED
Alice Cooper-1-ELIMINATED

Now, lets vote in group B, they are the BIG 4 OF HEAVY METAL!

Anthrax-0
Megadeth-0
Metallica-0
Slayer-0

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,094 posts

It's the Big Four of TRASH! Not heavy, can't you do anything right? My vote goes to Metallica btw.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,094 posts

Oh crap, i got THRASH wrong, this thing should have an edit option.

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

It's the Big Four of -->"TRASH"<--! Not heavy, can't you do anything right? My vote goes to Metallica btw.

I think I am not the only one...

this thing should have an edit option.

Wrong section, lol

Anyways, thanks for your vote

Metallica-1
Anthrax-0
Megadeth-0
Slayer-0
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts

THRASH

Thrash comes from the roots of Heavy Metal Tyvm.

Metallica.
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
883 posts

This one is SOOO easy, Megadeth easy

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,254 posts

It's the Big Four of TRASH! Not heavy, can't you do anything right? My vote goes to Metallica btw.

Note how the title doesn't have the word Heavy in it.

As for my vote, Metallica hands down.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,254 posts

Oh man, quote fail. I need to read . . . .

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Metallica.

Explain why you chose a band next time, but I am going to accept your vote.

Metallica-3
Megadeth-1
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

As it is a special group, we are waiting until one, probably Metallica, reaches 10 points.
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

As it is a special group, we are waiting until one, probably Metallica, reaches 10 points.

Until one BAND reaches 10 points...

The 1st place in this group will face Deep Purple and the 2nd will face Led Zeppelin. the final group is Group H.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,379 posts

My vote goes (again) to the 'underdog' in this group: Megadeth!

Reasoning: since the singer/founder/gitarist of Megadeth, Dave Mustain was the former gitarist of Metallica and got kicked out, he prooved to his former bandmembers that he could live up to his promiss that he woud make it on his own and he stuck to the bands original genre, metal. As where Metallica mellowed down through the years...

This makes the stats as follows:

Metallica-3
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

Anyone care to challenge?

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,294 posts

i vote for Mettalica really good band songs are great to

goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

I vote for Metallica, amazing band. I love Nothing Else Matters.

Thagdaor
Thagdaor
39 posts

metal band can be screamo to? right? pierce he viel! from these days but alice cooper from back then.....i guess

Showing 31-45 of 1638