ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 305140
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

Three more votes for Metallica... 4 more and 'Nothing Else Matters'! =)

The scores of group B are now:

Metallica-6
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

Any 'hard metal' fans out there? Seems a bit sorry for Anthrax and Slayer...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

metal band can be screamo to? right? pierce he viel! from these days but alice cooper from back then.....i guess

*scratches head* That leaves me with a big question mark Thagdaor...
If you want to vote for Alice Cooper, sorry that group has passed closure...

As for group B, your vote for Metallica is noted, making it:

Metallica-7
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0
Thagdaor
Thagdaor
39 posts

if you want to look at more bands look at my topic

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

What do you mean, as examples of bands for groups? O_o

What topic do you mean? A reference would be nice... :P

I'm not quite sure what the relevance is of that with this thread?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

a new topic i made look at it and vote

Ok, first of all... my mother teached me to say 'lease' if I would like to have something done by another person...

And second... it's not nice to go posting into some thread asking everyone in there to go to your thread instead...
If the people like your thread and if they are interested in it, they will find it in the thread list of the forum and they will vote on the question/battle stated there.

So please, stay on topic in this thread and keep to the voting for the proposed group of bands, nothing else, ok?

Thanx...
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,451 posts

No worries... apology accepted Thagdaor!

I already counted your vote, thus making the stats (to keep it fresh) as follows:

Metallica-7
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

Anyone else to help Anthrax or Slayer?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,250 posts

metal band can be screamo to? right?

NO. Just NO. Screamo is NOT metal, even wikipedia thinks so.
Swdnrock
Swdnrock
4 posts

either metallica, megadeth , anthrax or slayer are pure metal.. its a subgenre called Trash.. so.. none of them will get a vote point from me..

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Hey Swdnrock, dont forget its called thrash METAL, not thrash. And as u can see it group B and A, I am not only putting pure metal bands. But if you dont want to vote thats your choice.

By the way, my vote goes for Metallica, even if it doesnt do good songs as before, my vote is still for them. Oh, and I think I will go in their show in Sao Paulo. It is going to happen in 31 of Januray I think.

Metallica-8
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

Poor Anthrax and Slayer =[

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Yes, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer are thrash metal, it's a kind of metal. the votation continues! Are Metallica settle this battle once for all with 2 more votes? Are Slayer or Anthrax going in front of Megadeth? Only you people, can decide.

Metallica-8
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,250 posts

Um, AAS, I'm not to sure any of them are going to reach 10. Ever.

All the people who would vote already have, so yeah . . . .

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Thanks fro the tip, EnterOrion, so I there is going to be a deadline: 24 hours after thi post, if a bnd didn't reach 10 points, I am going to put Group C.

chitown
chitown
1,627 posts

i will say Matalica because they are the only band that i know

goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

Update, the stats are now:
Metallica-9
Megadeth-2
Anthrax-0
Slayer-0

Maybe Metallica will manage to reach the 10 votes.

chaotix567
chaotix567
883 posts

Gonna put this battle to a close and vote for Metallica, they're the one band out of these four that I can listen to regularly, I like how their music can be angry, but never whiny like Megadeth's, or Satanic like Slayer. I haven't really listened to that much Anthrax.

In closing, WINNING VOTE!!!!!

Showing 46-60 of 1638