ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 307229
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,111 posts
Peasant

I wish i was back on armorgames when this thread came out, this is a pretty epic thread I must say. And so far I personally agree that all the bands you have posted are Metal bands (except pink floyd, those guys are wayyy to mellow.. They did help form rock, but i personally dont think they help formed metal). Im also hoping avenged sevenfold pops up soon, that band is amazing (R.I.P The Rev)...

Anyways now onto voting. It looks like judas priest will make it, but i want a close second. So im picking DragonForce because of this. Haha, also because in there video the guy pics up a beer during the solo and takes a drink, then starts playing again. Pretty epppiccc. Anyways thats my vote. DragonForce.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Looks like more and more people get interested in the Metal Bands World Cup competition! YEAH!

So far there's one more person backing me up on the Helloween-vote and one more for the awesome guitarists of DragonForce, making it a total of...

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-2
Helloween-2
Skid Row-0

Nobody wants to help Skid Row with a vote? Poor guys...

Looks like it's going to be a deathmatch between DragonForce and Helloween! *and the crowd goes wild* \\,,/_

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

That's good to hear you liked the thread, and there is going to be Avenged Sevenfold for sure.

digi_cai
digi_cai
275 posts
Regent

Group C: SKID ROW. Awesome band.
"18 and life" rocks!

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

"18 and life" rocks!

Maybe it's too light for me and I prefer "Slave to the Grind" so much, but I have to agree, this song really rox! Finnaly someone voted for Skid Row!

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-2
Helloween-2
Skid Row-1

Will be there a "triple playoff" between DragonForce, Helloween and Skid Row? It's up to you, AG users, to choose the destiny of this group.
iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,293 posts
Peasant

Um,I go with Dragon Force but Skid Row is really good.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

I am counting the vote given by 'iamnotironman' for DragonForce. If this is otherwise, please let us know ok?

Making it a total of:

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-3
Helloween-2
Skid Row-1

The group is still open for voting, so people, make it interesting by putting up your vote for them! =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Oh, and people... make sure you also state why you choose a particular band to get you vote, ok?

That's one of the thread rules...

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,293 posts
Peasant

Oh,sorry yes DragonForce and I like how they use metal music.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Allright, iamnotironman's vote DOES go to DragonForce.

Summary is still:

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-3
Helloween-2
Skid Row-1

Anyone wants to complete this group or possibly make it interesting?

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,031 posts
Peasant

Come on, all the Dragonforce songs are - similar to Through the fire and flames - You can't vote a band based only on one song.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

@WexMajor82... remember, every person has his/her own interests in music.

What may be 'heavenly music' to one, could very well be 'a heap of loud trash' to another...

The vote was given with (ok, admitting it was very thin, but still...) reasoning by that person, so the vote counts! No further discussion...

And since I am the other person that voted on Helloween (ahaaa), I can honestly say I am sorry that 'we' are only on 3rd place now, but I do accept it and I'm eager to find out who wins in this group! =D

cambria
cambria
40 posts
Peasant

The bestest band are the beatles

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

The bestest band are the beatles

LMAO!!! Ok... cambria... this is a thread on Metal Bands and allthough the Beatles-music was experienced as 'Metal-mayhem' to the older genereation back in those days, it's not actually a Metal band!

And... you have to vote for one of the bands presented in the group that is up for voting at the moment, group C.

*falls on floor laughing*

Sorry about that... so if you wat to participate in this thread, please vote for one of the bands in group C:

Judas Priest-4
DragonForce-3
Helloween-2
Skid Row-1

Let us know which one! =D
hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,092 posts
Peasant

I don't think i have voted yet, if not then i vote for judas priest.

Showing 76-90 of 1638