ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 305280
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

I don't think i have voted yet, if not then i vote for judas priest.

How many times have to explain this? YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU VOTED IN THIS PARTICULAR BAND!!!

Oh people, remember it's a metal bands threads, and me and MrDayCee are just going to put metal bands.

As udas Priest reached five, I'm gonna put Group D, credit for MrDayCee, who chose these really awesome bands, icluding my favorite band, Iron Maiden.

Group D:

- Motorhead
- Black Sabbath
- Iron Maiden
- Saxon
WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,031 posts

Black Sabbath. Whitout them METAL will not exist; the most important METAL band in history.
And Ozzy ROCKS!!!

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,111 posts

runnn tooo the hilllsssssss... Definately black sabbath. haha see wat i did there. Everyone thought i was gonna say iron maiden but instead i went for black sabbath...

But in all truthfullness black sabbath, because they did pretty much help create the whole Metal genre.

chaotix567
chaotix567
883 posts

Black Sabbath for sure, but this is probably the closest battle for me, since I also listen to Motorhead and Iron Maiden quite a bit, but on the basis of strongest music, I will definitely have to go for Sabbath, and now I will post the lyrics to "St. Vitus Dance" accordingly.

[sing]So you think you know
What's going on inside her head
You think she wants your money
But it's you she wants instead

When you think about the things
That she did long ago
It breaks your heart, but deep down
Boy, you don't want her to go

You really look so shattering
You feel you want to die
Just because of the one mistake
Of telling you a lie

If I were you I'd try again
And try to make amends
She only thinks of you, you know
I'm talking as a friend
[/sing]

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,247 posts

Sabbath. Beats 'em all. No competition. They beat all the other bands in all the other ones too. They are the best metal band. EVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

They weren't the inventors of metal, but they were dam* sure the most innovative. Most modern metal stems from their example, similar to what the Beatles did to rock and pop.

And come on, who doesn't like a dose of Paranoid or Electric Funeral?

digi_cai
digi_cai
275 posts

Black Sabbath, father of metal! I love you Ozzy!

Crab65
Crab65
329 posts

Iron Maiden is the only one I am a fan of. Number of the Beast is truly a great song.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,092 posts

Oh, this group is quite good. I vote for Maiden. They have great guitar players and Steve Harris(the bassist) is a god!!!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,458 posts

Alllllllrightythen... guess we created a landslide with this group! *whoops* XD

Since a lot of people voted immediately and Black Sabbath is (clearly) the leader of this group, it will stay open a little longer to determine which second band will proceed to the next round!
And it also gives us a little more time to determine what bands to put up next in group E

Votes counted and ranked so far:

- Black Sabbath-5
- Iron Maiden-3
- Motorhead-0
- Saxon-0

Never knew this would turn out to be a decision made this quickly!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,458 posts

And in my enthousiasm I completely forgot to put up my own vote for this group!

I vote foooooooorrrr... Iron Maiden, why? Although Black Sabbath IS one of the true bands to help lay the foundation of the whole Metal genre in music, and they have some pretty awesome songs in their repertoire, I have to conclude that Iron Maiden has even MORE good songs in their repertoire!
Naming 'Run To The Hills', 'Number Of The Beast', 'Aces High', 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter', 'Fear Of The Dark' and of course the song that introduced them to me in the 80's... 'Can I Play With Madness'!!! That one always gives me goose bumps combined with shivers and an overwhelming sence of exstacy! \\,,/_ _\\,,/
I saw them perform live in 2008 in the Netherlands and I only had two conclusions after the concert... HELL YEAH!!! and WE WANT MORE!!!

I'm still waiting for a second opportunity to go see them and scream myself silly when they start playing 'Can I Play With Madness'!!!

Thus summing up the statistics so far...

- Black Sabbath-5
- Iron Maiden-4
- Motorhead-0
- Saxon-0

Sooooooo close... =D

Anyone... anyone?!?

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts

Anyone... anyone?!?

The owner of the thread, maybe XD

I am going to vote on Iron Maiden!The best band ever! It's awesome the number of good songs that Iron Maiden made: The Number of the Beast (their best song), Run to the Hills, Aces High, Fear of the Dark, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Wasted Years and many other great songs, includng the ones from 80's, like Can I Play with Madness? or the mighty Wrathchild.

Why I didn't vote for Saxon? I only know one or two songs from them, Crusader my favorite, but nah, I prefer Iron Maiden.

Why I didn't vote for Motorhead? Tough they have really good and classic songs like Bomber, Overkill and Ace of Spades. But I don't like Lemmy's voice too much.

Why I didn't vote for Black Sabbath? This band is so classic, I know, with the song Iron Man, wich everyone have heard of, and Paranoid, N.I.B. and War Pigs, wich every metal fan know. If Iron Maiden weren't on this group, I ould surely vote for Black Sabbath.

We need more votes to know the winner of this group now xD

- Black Sabbath-5
- Iron Maiden-5
- Motorhead-0
- Saxon-0

Now vote people! =P
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts

I think I'd vote for Motorhead for the reason that Agent_AAS didn't. I really like Lemmy's voice. Plus I gotta give kudos to they guy I think may be the ugliest guy in music. Musically, I also like the more modern sound of theirs as opposed to Sabbath or Maiden. I have no idea who Saxon is, so perhaps it's not fair to cast an uneducated vote per se, but I know how much I like Motorhead so I'm going to stick with them. Perhaps when my girlfriend isn't sleeping I'll go check out Saxon and find I made a mistake. But until then, I'll stick with my vote:

Motorhead

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,458 posts

Allright then! Another vote... but not for one of the leading bands in this group!

Statistics so far show

- Black Sabbath-5
- Iron Maiden-5
- Motorhead-1
- Saxon-0

Anyone wants to decide this groups leader once and for all?!

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,031 posts

I don't think it matters, since the first 2 ae safe and the last 2 are not.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,458 posts

I don't think it matters, since the first 2 ae safe and the last 2 are not.

Still... Voting for one of the two leading bands will determine which band will be group leader and which band is the 'runner up'...

And from that outcome the places in the knock-out-stage will be determined!

So, if someone decides the group, that's it! =)
Showing 91-105 of 1638