ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 304645
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,250 posts

Wasn't Sabbath supposed to win?

You know, the whole goes to 5 voting thing that was quite clearly said in the OP. It wasn't said that this was to seven, or ten.

Yeah.

Striderhien
Striderhien
2 posts

Black Sabbath are the best!
Super metal band!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,405 posts

Wasn't Sabbath supposed to win?
You know, the whole goes to 5 voting thing that was quite clearly said in the OP. It wasn't said that this was to seven, or ten. Yeah.

Correct, it was quite clearly stated in the OP, but since the votes came in so quickly one after the other, it created a draw between the two leading bands in this group.
Therefor we needed one more vote for one of those two bands to determine a group leader and a 'runner-up'...
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,405 posts

And with Striderhien's vote we now have come to a decision in this group!

Counting all the votes and ranking them up shows us the following end result:

- Black Sabbath - 6 >>> Group Winner <<<
- Iron Maiden - 5 >>> Runner Up <<<
- Motorhead - 1 >>> Eliminated <<<
- Saxon - 0 >>> Eliminated <<<

We will now move on to the next group, which will be posted shortly by Agent_AAS. Can't wait!!! =D

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Well EnterOrion, you are right, but Black Sabbath won anyways, I hope you aren't angry with that accident, and please, continue voting in the Metal Bands Cup =P

which will be posted shortly by Agent_AAS

Or not xD

Well, some hours later, here is the next group:
- Faith No More
- System Of A Down
- Rage Against The Machine
- Soundgarden
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,391 posts

Well, with the beggining vote, I m going to choose System of a Down (SOAD). The first time I listened to this band I thought it was another normal heavy metal band, but I dicovered it's not! It is really different the way their songs are, they also got some strange instruments, but these intruments are cool and I liked them.

So...

System of a Down-1
Faith no More-0
Rage Against the Machine-0
Soundgarden-0

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,033 posts

Rage against the machine. Unique sound, love their riffs.
Silly name for a band though. What did the machines do to them?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,405 posts

Rage against the machine. Unique sound, love their riffs.
Silly name for a band though. What did the machines do to them?

Thanx for your vote WexMajor82! =D To explain their bandname...
'Rage Against The Machine' is a band that has a strong political agenda, meaning they dislike (rather hate) the current political enviroment and chose their name accordingly. So the 'Machine' in their name is (among other meanings) the bad government machine that cares only for power and money, rather than their people.
And since they dislike (hate) that machine: 'Rage Against The Machine'...

Two votes in makes a current ranking of

Rage Against the Machine-1
System of a Down-1
Faith no More-0
Soundgarden-0
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,111 posts

Hmmm even though I like SOAD's BYOB, and chop suey; i have to say i do prefer Soundgarden. This is mostly because they managed to pull off the more alternate sounding metal that NIN tried to pull off but failed... Anyways Soundgarden with huge hits like Black hole sun, and Jesus Christ Post definately made me like this band. So yes Soundgarden is my pick.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,405 posts

And another vote for Soundgarden! Thanx 'nonconformist'! This looks promissing! =D
Let's see if this is going to be a close race between four bands in one group!
Ohhhh goodie goodie goodie! XD

Statistics updated show us:

Soundgarden-1
System of a Down-1
Faith no More-0

goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

Rage Against The Machine are a quite good band and unique, but I will vote System Of A Down, cause I find their song Aerials amazing. The lyrics and the music are really great.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,405 posts

And one more for SOAD! There's still one band without a vote... I wonder if their fans have 'no more faith' in them... LOL XD

And again ranking the bands, makes it:

System of a Down-2
Soundgarden-1
Faith no More-0

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,033 posts

I wonder if their fans have 'no more faith' in them... LOL XD

I found this boutade quite dull...
Now I'm sad.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,405 posts

I found this boutade quite dull...
Now I'm sad.

Oh... that wasn't the intention of my silly joke... I was suppose to make people laugh (or at least grin) when they read it! :S
I have the urge to make corny jokes every now and then, so don't hate me for it...

Still... more people need to vote! Come on everybody! VOTE! =D
fransclara
fransclara
15 posts

ok, from the things i know here, system of a down, but maybe put Tenacious D in :P their plain' metal

Showing 106-120 of 1638