Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 4:44pm

FALLEN950

FALLEN950

166 posts

DayCee! Come on! I like that LOG and Amon Amarth are in but no Suicide Silence or Vader? I'm thoroughly disappointed. Anyways, there are obviously going to be other great bands in there, and I'm looking forward to participate in this one, the whole thing.

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 5:31pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,044 posts

Knight

I don't know Suicide Silence but Vader would have been interesting in the competition... anyway Amon Amarth yay!!! Let's hope that this is not the only good news ;)

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:42am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,646 posts

I'm sure I will have my fair share of "Why isn't ... in the competition?!!?" or "YES!! ... is in it!!" sort of posts and comments once I launch it, but this is inevitable guys... there are SO many bands to sift through in the Metal Genre, that it's nearly impossible to please everyone! (o.O)

I hope I did a good job on the current roundup and I've tried to include as many big guns, sub-genres of Heavy Metal and user's personal favorites in the lineup, but I can't promise everyone's favorites to be in it... forgive me? =)

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 9:46pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,788 posts

Suicide Silence

Killersup is suprised you even know who suicide silence is nich.

Posted Aug 13, '12 at 8:27pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

How bout some Gojira?

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 2:11am

SkywardStriker05

SkywardStriker05

32 posts

Out of that entire list of bands that MrDayCee showed, I don't see Necrophagist. This is disappointing. lol

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 10:50am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,646 posts

Short update...

I'm still working on the complete setup for the new edition, so still no launching date yet... but I'm trying to get it up and running coming September! That's all I'm able to say right now... =)

And I hate to repeat it, but it's impossible to include every metal band into the competition. There's simply too many bands to choose from! Keep those suggestions or questions coming though! =)

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 4:00pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

I have been inactive for way to long and i didnt even miss anything :)

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 3:20pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,646 posts

Yes you have... but it's true, you haven't missed anything yet! =)

So, I'll give another...

--------------------------
Short update...
--------------------------

- The bands are all picked and gathered, as are the logo's.

- The groups are all organised.

- I'm working on the Group Templates right now...

So, when these templates are finished, I'm about ready to start the mayhem allover again!

Notification will follow of course... \\m/_ _\\m/

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:11pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

Cmon mate, rev this thread up!

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!