Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

Posted Aug 19, '10 at 7:16pm

Google567

Google567

3,678 posts

Battle of the Bands will last forever somehow.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 5:42pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,186 posts

So, as I promised, I made the full ranking list, it's based in the group position and difference of votes... Here it is:

MBWC 2010 FULL RANKING:1- Led Zeppelin

1- Led Zeppelin
2- Metallica
3- Iron Maiden
4- Black Sabbath
5- Manowar
6- Pantera
7- Motley Crue
8- Hammerfall
9- Testament
10- Megadeth
11- Soundgarden
12- Nightwish
13- Deep Purple
14- Judas Priest
15- System of a Down
16- Dragonforce
17- Ronny James DIO
18- Avenged Sevenfold
19- Helloween
20- Rage Against the Machine
21- Pink Floyd
22- Obituary and Slipknot
23- -
24- Motorhead
25- Anthrax and Slayer
26- -
27- Skid Row
28- Faith No More
29- Sepultura
30- Alice Cooper
31- Saxon
32- Iced Earth

I hope you all enjoyed voting in the MBWC 2010!!!

Next year there's gonna be MBWC 2011!!!

BYE

Posted Aug 21, '10 at 3:46am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,769 posts

A small 'end credit' from me personally... =)

I thank everybody that participated, voted and discussed in this great thread made by Agent_AAS!!!

I was great fun to moderate it and read all the entries posted by the visitors! =D

See you all next year for the next METAL BANDS WORLD CUP 2011!!! ;)

Posted Aug 21, '10 at 2:05pm

hitmanvp95

hitmanvp95

1,120 posts

Awwwwwwwwww it can't be over!!! This was the best thread on AG. I say we shouldn't let it die.

Posted Aug 21, '10 at 7:46pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,186 posts

Awwwwwwwwww it can't be over!!! This was the best thread on AG. I say we shouldn't let it die.

Ha, thanks! Even if you didn't like the choice of the bands in the first few groups as I can remember XP

But don't worry! There's gonna be MBWC 2011, and MBWC 2011 will have qualifiers! I think I can do the qualifiers by the final of this year (my vacation, December-January).

I'm also thinking about doing MBWC 2011 Summer and MBWC 2011 Winter, but I'm not sure yet!

And thanks again for your support!

Posted Aug 21, '10 at 8:15pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,769 posts

All good things must come to an end my friend... ;)

But if you like to continue voting for metal bands in a battle, why not suggest a battle of two metal bands to ilberic?! He's the 'head-moderator' of the 'Battle of the Bands' thread... just a suggestion... ;)

Posted Aug 22, '10 at 4:39am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,938 posts

Knight

HahiHa, just to make you happy ^.^, I counted your vote, so you can tell your friends, your children and grandchildren "I've voted in the MBWC 2010's Final!!!", and you'll be considered a hero.

Rofl. Well, thanks a lot XD Seeya next year (hopefully with Sonata Arctica in the race!)

Posted Aug 22, '10 at 5:42am

hitmanvp95

hitmanvp95

1,120 posts

Ha, thanks! Even if you didn't like the choice of the bands in the first few groups as I can remember XP

But don't worry! There's gonna be MBWC 2011, and MBWC 2011 will have qualifiers! I think I can do the qualifiers by the final of this year (my vacation, December-January).

I'm also thinking about doing MBWC 2011 Summer and MBWC 2011 Winter, but I'm not sure yet!

And thanks again for your support!

Yeah it's kinda funny looking at the earlier posts and see how upset everyone was about the choice of the bands. xD

All good things must come to an end my friend... ;)

But if you like to continue voting for metal bands in a battle, why not suggest a battle of two metal bands to ilberic?! He's the 'head-moderator' of the 'Battle of the Bands' thread... just a suggestion... ;)

Thanks, already voted. :D

Posted Aug 29, '10 at 12:15am

WexMajor82

WexMajor82

929 posts

12 january to 20 august.
Took a while to figure out the winner...

Posted Aug 29, '10 at 3:08pm

Greybox

Greybox

53 posts

Your list has made me realise how much i don't like metal anymore. I only like soundgarden (which is grunge/alternative) A7X and Metallica. But hey thats just my opinion.

Reply to "M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

You must be logged in to post a reply!