ForumsPopular Media"M.B.W.C." : the Metal Bands World Cup!

1638 307259
Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

Yeah, this is it! The Metal Bands World Cup! We are in the year of the Soccer World Cup, so I thought of doing this. Itâs based in the cup organization rules, but kind of different:

Group stage: 4 metal bands are selected, each person have the power to give a point (vote) for one band, when a band reaches 5 points, the band election is over, and the top 2 bands of the group stay for the knockout stage. There will be playoffs if needed.

Knockout stage: Like in the famous battle of the bands thread, you are going to vote for one band, the band that reaches 5 points first is going to stay for itâs next game, or win the competition, if it the final.

Rules: 1-Give a good reason for why you chose that band
2-You can only vote once in a game
3-Donât complain if your band if loosing or lose
4-Community Rules and Guidelines apply too

Mods: People who will help me, not the community official mods, normal users who I invite to help.

I hope AG users like it!

• 1,638 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

NICE!!! Very good variety in this group! But I have to offer some very strong rooting for RAMMSTEIN!!!
They just have an edge for me personally over the rest, allthough I don't know 'Symphony X' to be honest, but that won't change my vote...
The reasoning behind my vote is self-explanatory with listening to their pounding and hypnotising riffs and music and looking deeper into the story behind the lyrics of their songs, which you forgot to include in the video line-up GhostOfMetal! tsk tsk tsk... LOL =P

I'll post them for you, ok?

Rammstein : Du Hast, Waidmanns Heil, Links, 2, 3, 4, Sonne, Ich Will.
WARNING!!! Some video's might show disturbing scenes, which might be troubling for younger viewers... I'm not a critic nor am I an expert on what and what not to show to which ages, but it's fair to place this with the video list! Fair warning... =/

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Peasant

ruined there vote from me. its garbage and a complete joke to lyricists everywhere in the metal community.

Avenged Sevenfolds music is all EPIC!
AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Peasant

They were honoring Their drummer The REV who passed away
not wnough bands are nice enough to dedicate an entire album to their fallen brother

foREVer!

Agent_AAS
Agent_AAS
1,390 posts
Peasant

Avenged Sevenfold went a little bit commercial, yea, but I really hope they get back to their roots instead of being 100% mainstream. Like AFI, for example, they went from Hardcore Punk to Emo Music... In the other hand, I don't want them to have a too generic comeback like Metallica. It's nearly impossible to make band go back to their oldschool stage *sniff*, I guess only the mighty AC/DC could do that.

Group H
Mastodon - 4
Disturbed - 2
NightWish - 2
Avenged Sevenfold - 2
Rammstein - 2
Bullet For My Valentine - 1
Slipknot - 1
Symphony X - 1

Now let's continue with that VOTES!!!

NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Peasant

I vote for Symphony X

I know Michael Romeo for his solo project The Dark Chapter, and since that work im amazed with his guitar skills.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,832 posts
Farmer

I've always hated A7X and most mainstream nu-metal/nu-metal in general, so Slipknot, Disturbed, and the like do not appeal to me as anything more than something to point and laugh at. Not a fan of Rammstein or BFMV either . . . and Nightwish is awesome but can't compare to Symphony X or Mastodon. So this is a tough decision for me . . . but Imma go with Symphony X. Divine Wings of Tragedy is a brilliant album especially, and they beat out Mastodon for me because I just haven't been able to really sink my teeth into them like I hae wit Symphony X.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,563 posts
Peasant

Let's go DISTURBED!!! My favorite band EVER!!! Kill them no name bands!!! (I guess I like A7X too)

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,563 posts
Peasant

Also, let me elaborate. Disturbed had more record sales than any of the other bands, but their "good" music isn't their "mainstream" stuff, it's the "behind the album" stuff that really sells it. Plus their lyrics actually make sense, especially in "Ten Thousand Fists"

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,697 posts
Peasant

Kill them no name bands!!!

lol you dont get out much if you think these bands are no name bands XD
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,563 posts
Peasant

@delossantosj
I know, i was just messing around.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
695 posts
Farmer

Group H
Mastodon - 4
Symphony X - 3
Disturbed - 2
NightWish - 2
Avenged Sevenfold - 2
Rammstein - 2
Bullet For My Valentine - 1
Slipknot - 1

ZONG!! SYPHONY X JUMPS TO SECOND! will they be able to over take mastodon? or wil Mastodon rule the day? STAY TUNED AND VOTE!

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Peasant

mastodon is easily the most talented and the most clever song writers on there though

What does Mastodon sing about?, being trapped in
Oblivion and what not!

listen to Disturbed's "Another Way To Die" or A7X's "Gunslinger" those have better lyrics.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,156 posts
Shepherd

Mastodon is not really my cup of tea... sounds like a crappy rip off of motorhead

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,400 posts
Peasant

Mastodon is not really my cup of tea... sounds like a crappy rip off of motorhead

Oh COME ON. Every Motorhead song sounds the same! Mastodon is far better than them.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,697 posts
Peasant

What does Mastodon sing about?, being trapped in
Oblivion and what not!

no lol mastodon tells storys. there albums are based off of themes. the crack the skye album is air themed, so its melodic. blood mountain is earth themed so its alot more hardcore brutal. leviathen is water based and has kind of a mody **** story to it. then remmision is based off of a fire theme. so its alot more fast and and "firey".

there lyrics tell storys. the entire leviathen album is genious.

dude dont get me wrong i love avenged sevenfold to death. but the nightmare album let me down so much dude. i was expecting them to go back to there &quotroggy roots" as shadow said on love line one night, and instead they went as mainstream and generic as possible
Showing 1081-1095 of 1638