ForumsWEPRAfterlife

11 4898
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, in the religiously-themed threads, I saw a mention of afterlives, whether there were any etc.

So...describe hell. Or, for something more pleasant, describe heaven! Or, if you don't believe either exist...well, I guess there wouldn't be that much of a point doing that :P

• 11 Replies
Brigadier
Brigadier
51 posts
Nomad

Since I'm an atheist I don't believe in afterlife. It just doesn't seem realistic to me. Thats just me though. Not saying I'm right, not saying anyone else is wrong. Thats just how I am.

I personally believe that I should live my life to the fullest because when I die my mind's just going to shut down and I shall be lost forever.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Guh, that's another topic I wanted to write about! See new thread c.c

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There are various testimonials from people who have "died", and been revived. I wonder if this would shed any light on the matter.

Of course, part of the trickery is in what sense those people "died", which I've asked in another thread.

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

I think these people who have seen stuff like a "white light", could be telling the truth, yet its not what they think, i think its a phycological thing that the brain dose to put itself at rest, at peace, so i dont belive in heaven/hell and such, but i do hope there is something nice after death...

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

"...Thats just me though. Not saying I'm right, not saying anyone else is wrong. Thats just how I am."

This is one of the most intellectual comments on the whole subject of how the world began, nice post Brigadier

Anyways, unlike some Christians I do not believe hell would be a 'burning pit of fire', personally I would suggest maybe your worst fears would come true there (the Bible really only says it is 'as far away from God as you can be'. And on the subject of heaven, the Bible does not describe exactly what it will be like, nor does it go into detail of what day-to-day life would be like.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Well, i have heard both heaven and hell described in a very simple way.

I will describe hell first

In hell, there is a very large table with many people sitting around it. In the middle of the table is an extremely large pot of soup. The people sitting around the table have a very long spoon/ladle chained to their wrists. All the people are very miserable because every time they try to get a spoonfull of soup, they cannot reach the end of the spoon with the soup to their mouths because the spoon is too long, and they cannot re situate the spoon because it is chained to their wrists. So everyone is starving to death, but they cannot die because they are in hell...

Heaven can be described the same way with the people sitting around the table and the very long spoon chained to their their wrists and the large pot of soup, but they are all rejoicing and very happy because they are full and not hungry because they have learned to feed each other instead of trying to feed themselves.

So the point is that Hell is a very selfish, miserable place, and Heaven is a very selfless place with much rejoicing, or at least that is the way i heard it once

TheBigCheese
TheBigCheese
16 posts
Nomad

HEAVEN: "Welcome!" Says the Angel at the front gate. You notice she's not wearing her wings, because it's casual Friday. See, let's go back a little further. You were born in Ohio, blah blah first kiss blah blah new car blah blah anyway, you end up six feet under at 82 on a Friday (unfortunately, the wait's not long at heaven's gates!). Fastforward. Once you enter the mystical 43'7" solid gold gates, you see everything person and place you've ever loved, in front of you. Every food you could indulge in! Your here! you can do whatever you want, because you have lived our life for God, and now you can do something for yourself! It's truely perfect! And don't let age size or beauty to get you down, because now (after) lifes good!

HELL:"GET IN!" Says the Demon at the front pit. You notice he's wearing his collar, because it's a Saturday (Devil doesn't like Saturday (or anyother day)). See, let's go back a little further. You were born in Pittsburgh, blah blah turned emo blah blah tried to commit suicide blah blah anyway, you end up six feet under at 27 on a Monday (unfortunately, the wait's long at hell's pit!). Fastforward. Once you enter the deadly 943'7" fire gates, you see everything person and place you've ever hated, in front of you. Every moment that made you cry! Your here! you can't do anything you want, because you have lived our life in spite of your savior, God, and now you're screwed for eternity! It's truely hell! And don't let age size or beauty to get you down, because now (after) you'll look as ugly as evil, and will be in chains for the rest of eternity!

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Wow, that is a very, VERY good interpretation of it, I have never heard it that way from the perspective of the person that way

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Well, aside from story let me just give it to you how I think I could.. er.. whatever.

In heaven, or so its told, is a place beyond imagination, its awesome. The Food you eat will taste different, and betterer each time. Everything you do will make you happier, you will live in a world of eternall bless. I think theres something about being at the age you were at your fittest, not sure. Anyway, to put it in simple terms.

Hell is a state to be as farthest away from God, but, to be away from God you can't have whatever God gave you, but whatever God didn't want you to have. Which is pain, Suffering, Torment, Hellfire, and so much more. After all, he is the most Merciful, most Graicful.

On the other hand, Heaven is like the holy land times 50. Everything you ever dreamed of and more. Therefor, Its like God giving you your reward for passing the test he put you up to.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I only believe in Hell. Not the 'Christian Hell' but as a place of living, doing whatever you want to and a state of well being. But that is only for those who have committed their soul to Father Satan. And as for those who didn't, they are cast into a pit of eternal suffering. Ain't it grand?

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

My idea of an afterlife is somewht like christianity but a little diffrent. I believe that when you die you are judged and if you have lived a good life you get to go to a heaven. Heaven is much like the world just perfect and with a big palace in the middle of it where the Gods live. Also its much nicer than now a days, you don't die again and live blessed until the end of days, when the world ends that is. If you are judged badly (for many different reasons this can happen) you aren't sent ot a hell, you just die like in the Athesit beleif of death.

Showing 1-11 of 11