ForumsThe TavernWarhammer 40K TableTop Game VS Dawn OF WAR PC Game

9 24194
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

In Warhammer 40,000 which one is better?

Dawn Of War PC GAME

http://thqinc.cachefly.net/dow2/screenshots/enlarged_view/0047_Co_Op.jpg?height=600&width=800

WARHAMMER 40,000 TABLE TOP:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2008/11/29/2286_md-Apocalypse,%20Battle%20Report,%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines,%20Orks,%20Thousand%20Sons,%20Tzeentch,%20Warhammer%2040,000.jpg

WARHAMMER 40,000 TABLE TOP:

PRO'S:

- Well painted models look awesome
- You build up a realtionship with your mini-army, as you assemble them, glue them, paint them, and then you send them into battle

CONS:

- Get's boring for most people
- Not much blood
- You need other people to play with you
- REALLY EXSPENSIVE ( $50 for one squad! )

DAWN OF WAR PC:

PRO'S:
- Much More bloooddd!!
- Alot cheaper then tabletop
- Animations

[/b]CONS:[/b]

- You don't build up a realtionship with your troops you just buy them with a virtual currency and send them in battle to die.
- hmmm... still thinking...

So which one do you think is better!??!

• 9 Replies
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

While Dawn of War (I, not II) is a great game, if you have the money/time/effort I think tabletop is much more fun and interesting. I however don't have the money or time, so I stick to Dawn of War. My friend does let me paint some of his figurines for him though, and that's my favorite part anyways.

santajoe
santajoe
151 posts
Nomad

I actually prefer tabletop over PC but i like em both, and the painting is the best part

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

This thread needs to be in the video games section, I think. And I definitely prefer PC over table top.

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
204 posts
Nomad

ive seen a good video game come out of a book so table top

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I don't have room for a big table. I do, however, have room for a computer. So I guess I'd have to go with DoW. However, if I did have a big table, the tabletop game would win.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I have no moneh for tabeltop, I do have the games, and play DoWII often, but I don't know...PC is easier access for most people, and cheaper usually, but tabletop is most likely the best way to play it.

I prefer the books over them both in the end XP.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

tabeltop is just too expensive so that is why pc is better for me

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,288 posts
Nomad

Tabletop is a bigger screen but its harder to move.PC is a small screen but easier to move.I'll go with PC.

Showing 1-8 of 9