ForumsWEPRthe SAT test

7 3820
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Well, we have had the SAT test at school the past two weeks, and tomorrow is our last day, but what do people think of it? I think it is fairly pointless, and a waste of time. this is because instead of going to my classes and actully learning, im busy taking a test that takes about 2-3 hours. and after about 2 hours when i finsih im not even allowed to read a book or something to do while i am waiting for other people to finish their test, so basicly im wasting time out of my day

• 7 Replies
garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

yeah, but you need it to go to college... that seems like a good reason to take it. What's one half-day in exchange for 4 years of education?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

You must be taking the pSAT, not the actual SAT. I agree - the PSAT is pointless, but I guess it factors into how much funding and support your school will get, which will ultimately affect your overall education level.

TheBigCheese
TheBigCheese
16 posts
Nomad

I think standardized tests ARE imporant, but i think the ACT covers more, so i don't understand why we don't just stick with that one!

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I never took the ACT, I took the SAT. I took the PSAT, but I only qualified for National Merit Commended instead of actually getting to compete. Fucking academic requirements...
But I got a 1960 on the SAT. Should have done better on the *&$@ essay. Oh well.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

1960. o.o Meh, Essays suck.
Anything ending with AT or CT sucks, as well.

Seemingly, the point is to bulid your brain up for this junk, quickly pass it off easy and get on with your life. Its nothing great if you don't make it that way, just boom right through >. [Dun rush and suck up, get smart enough to boom through without rushing]

quillandsaber
quillandsaber
35 posts
Peasant

The fact of the matter is, there needs to be some sort of standard by which a person can measure every student in the country. Grades are proven to not work because of individual teacher's ideas.

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Yeah Moegreche, when I checked the age of the first post, I realized it couldn't be the SAT. Well, maybe it's practice for the NMSQT! YAAAAAAAY!

Showing 1-7 of 7