Forums

ForumsPopular Media

[NECRO] simpsons vs futurama

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 6:00am

Quirinus1

Quirinus1

158 posts

Futurama is my favorite, because of the better characters, and better drawing...

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 6:30am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

the simpsons are realy funny. but their story starts evry episode and end evry episode.

futurama is realy funny. their story does not end at the end of the episode but keeps going.

both got their own great and stupid moments. and i like both just as much.

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 6:36am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Simpsons were around before Futurama. Everything in Futurama has been done way before it even aired. Therefore...Simpsons is the show for me.

this reminds me of a episode of south park where butters (prof. chaos) has loads of ideas but his little helper (prof. disorder) is all the time saying that "the simpsons did it"

it doesn't matter that evrything is done already. it's how you bring it. but then again not evrything in futurama is done in the simpsons. (a farm on mars whit cow like beetles?)

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 1:39pm

notinthepie3

notinthepie3

671 posts

The Simpsons, 100%. The shows are funny and have really creative plots, and you can never get old of the movie. I've seen it like, 15 times.

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 8:15pm

jord3323

jord3323

3 posts

Futurama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 9:45pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,436 posts

futurama is realy funny. their story does not end at the end of the episode but keeps going.

The problem with that is if you miss one you can miss a lot of stuff. It dosen't matter what order you watch The Simpsons in, which means even if it's an old one you haven't seen, you're not like "wait was this before or after some important plot twist?"

Futurama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(jord's post that goes off the page)
Any particular reason why?

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 11:36pm

SlimeKnight

SlimeKnight

129 posts

The Simpsons have their own movie, but Futurama has Zoidberg. Zoidberg!

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 11:38pm

TheBagman

TheBagman

13 posts

The Simpsons have their own movie

Futurama has 4 movies

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 11:48pm

Eli1010

Eli1010

273 posts

The Simpsons are better by far, they're funnier.

(jord's post that goes off the page)
Any particular reason why?

It might be because it's one word.

Posted Jul 24, '11 at 7:19am

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

The Simpsons have their own movie, but Futurama has Zoidberg. Zoidberg!

You beat me to that.

Futurama also has some subtle jokes that you need to be "smart" to get. For example, all of the apartments at Robot Arm Apartments have binary room numbers.