Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

idea of a shadow goverment

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 7:48pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

so i was reading the other day about the idea of a shadow goverment, and basicly how every politician is basicly controlled by the "dark side" of the goverment, what do people think of it?

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 7:50pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Elaborate a bit more.

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:19pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

here this may explain better
http://www.constitution.org/shad4816.htm

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:26pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

I don't know that it's a bad thing, though. It would be a great thing if a single leader would emerge into the open, strong-willed enough to lead America through the troubled times we face ahead. America could rise to a glorious new age of world economic and military superiority.

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:30pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

well megamickel i know what your thinking, all through history humanity has had kings,military leaders, dictators. but i think that may not be a good thing for america, for one thing we have a pretty good goverment going now, and the idea of a king of america may be kind of scary, because we have so much to lose, and that certain "king" may want to take complete control and end up making decisions that destory the U.S. like i said it's happened all through history, and history does repeat itself

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:37pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

However, the Romans had a very strong centralized government with one person in power, and look how strong they were? For hundreds of years they were the most powerful empire on the planet. Until they, like all empires eventually do, collapsed.

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:42pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

yes, they were a very strong empire for a very long time, but do you know how they fell? the emperor was trying to gain more land, and protect Rome's large borders, and so he was sending all of the soldiers of rome to protect the borders, so when a tribe rebelled inside rome's territory the romans were basicly doomed, and look at the U.S today, we have soldiers in iraq, afghanistan, germany (even after almost 100 years after the war ended with them), and nearly every other country it is possible to set up in, so like i said, history repeats itself

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:44pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

From the looks of it a bad idea,Ho would thta help anyone.Know some countrys have bad goverment,but not on purpose

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:46pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

i never really said it was a great idea, i don't support the idea of a shadow govermeant

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 8:56pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Well, if America is bound to fall anyway, then why not take a risk?