ForumsWEPRare we just one big video game?

52 10959
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Maybe we are just an expert version of Sims, and maybe the people that created this universe, or "game" are starting to get bored and about to pull the plug. there is actuly some good theories backing this idea, like the idea on how the universe is fine tuned, for example, if the sun was a little bit bigger we may burned up, or just the fact we were lucky enough to be placed on a planet with a good eniroment. i think it actuly may be possible

• 52 Replies
acdcrocks173
acdcrocks173
83 posts
Nomad

who would need that what are your tires cold or are you trying to keep the bums warm

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, well once he payed a million dollars for a piece of paper with a picture of art on it, instaed of just buying the actual painting

acdcrocks173
acdcrocks173
83 posts
Nomad

ahhhhhh that is insane he is to rich

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Most be popular, almost seven billion players on 24/7! Must be real losers our there playing us as "Accounts".

Lmao, Sting, very disturbing indeed. XD

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

There's a great article by a physicist/philosopher who postulates that if it were possible to have enough technology to create an entire universe, then it is quite probably that we are a made up universe. Think about it - if every kid on some planet was playing "The Universe" game, then there would be a lot of universes out there - a LOT.
Now here's the catch: if this universe is just a simulation, then it would take massive amounts of computing power to make it work. So programmers would probably cut some corners here and there to save processing speed (like reflections in the water on video games - they're not really rendered as true physics, they just look good enough).
So then, if programmers were cutting corners, we should be able to see some discontinuities in nature, right? Well, it turns out this guy has found some! I'll try to find the article, but it's very very technical.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

It would make sence and explain alot !

streteego
streteego
25 posts
Nomad

that would ne weird we would look like this and we would be controled

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, no, I think the idea is that we would be little AI units going around doing things. Of course, you should do really interesting things if you don't want to be deleted!

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

...i never said it was a god

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I always wondered that, but I always accept that God made us and created heaven.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

why would anybody think we are in a video game. If we were actually in one, then the player must have a really sick mind

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well flappy just belive what you belive, it is your decision, and i never said that i belived in the theory that we are a game, i just brought up the topic, something to get some people thinking

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well darkpitt, how does he (it,they, i dont know)
have a sick mind, for one thing they would be unbelivably farther advanced than us, and able to comprehend all the data we have in our universe,
also like i said, there has been some ideas supporting the idea

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

cause the are killing us off with nukes, Wars, and jeffrey Dahmer thats why, like some evil genius from a cussler novel trying to control the world through some wired science way

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well maybe they just put it in our brains to be evil, not neccesarily that they clicked a button and spawned hundreds of nukes or anything, but like moegreche said, maybe we are just ai units and some other things are players

Showing 31-45 of 52