Forums

ForumsPopular Media

adults thinking popl and rap are the only type of music

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:20pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

937 posts

well technically we can't petition the school, since they hire a local d.j. to come and play music, so it's really not the school faculty playing it

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:25pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

937 posts

haha ya, it suprises me too

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:45pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

Well, if you think about it, metal isn't really much of a shcool friendly type of music. I guess the faculty think that it's too angry sounding and they just don't like it. I think that they should have seperated parties, for different types of music. Maybe one for rap, and one for metal.

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:48pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

937 posts

well what the faculty don't listen to is the lyrics, like they will play "candy shop", while the classics, and alot of new metal don't degrade women, and tend not to use offensive language as much

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:48pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Well most people request those pop and rap songs because you can dance to them. Girls can grinding and all of that. No intent to be rude or anything, but I can't say no to that! lol. Of course I also think that rap isn't even music. It is more like talking in rhythm.

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:49pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

937 posts

ya, well if people would actuly listen to rock and metal, someone may think of something, plus we don't have to make up a new dance for each song, we have one, its called the HEADBANG!!!

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:54pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

Yeah, but headbanging just seems too hardcore for school and I guess the faculty doesn't consider it dancing. Well, I must stick to the idea that they should have seperate parites for different types of music.

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:55pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

937 posts

my opinion is that they should play one song of each genre of music, that way everyone can be happy

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 9:58pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

Well that wouldn't really solve the problem because if they do it your way then when rap is on, the metalheads would be unhappy, but when the metal is on, the rap people would be unhappy. Do you see what i'm trying to say?

Posted Apr 9, '08 at 10:02pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

937 posts

well, atleast what im saying is that they played atleast one song that everyone may like, not just one genre of music, trust me, the whole time the metalheads are sitting there listening to rap, we are thinking, atleast just one song, because then they wouldn't just be pleasing on type of people

Reply to adults thinking popl and rap are the only type of music

You must be logged in to post a reply!