ForumsPopular Mediaadults thinking popl and rap are the only type of music

23 6241
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

at my school it seems that the faculty are in denial that rock/metal even exist, and only listen to the rap persuasion. i am kind of annoyed that at dances and party (the few we have) that the school throws that all they will play is soulja boy, and the mainstream rap artists. while all of the metal lovers will be in the back trying to ignore the music

• 23 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

my opinion is that they should play one song of each genre of music, that way everyone can be happy

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well that wouldn't really solve the problem because if they do it your way then when rap is on, the metalheads would be unhappy, but when the metal is on, the rap people would be unhappy. Do you see what i'm trying to say?

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well, atleast what im saying is that they played atleast one song that everyone may like, not just one genre of music, trust me, the whole time the metalheads are sitting there listening to rap, we are thinking, atleast just one song, because then they wouldn't just be pleasing on type of people

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

and also this way, everyone will be happy a while, and annoyed a while, not just one group annoyed and another happy the whole time

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Ohhh, okay I see your idea now, and it is really good. It's hard to pleased everyone at the same time, so why not please everyone at least once. I like that idea.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well thank you =D, and to the dancing part, the last &quotarty" (teachers called it fun time rofl) all the people that liked rap weren't dancing, they were just doing flips in front of everyone, and no the weren't doing that in one song, they were doing that the whole time

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Yep I went to my first dance at the beginging of 6th gradeat the dance all they played was rap I went to my last dance at the end of 6th grade i havent went to a dance since. I was made to be a loner not a person who likes to touch each other and listen to colored men talking

Brigadier
Brigadier
51 posts
Nomad

Well everyone has to realize today that the majority of the population Like either Rap or Country. (I like Classic Rock, Metal, and Techno though)

People are just going to play what the majority likes. Thats why I have an iPod so I can listen to what I want to.

Showing 16-23 of 23