ForumsSupport ForumAnyone else getting Malware??

70 20199
CGormPharmD
CGormPharmD
9 posts
Peasant

Okay, so I've been using armorgames.com for a while now without any sort of problem. I've always had adequate virus and malware protection on my computer. Starting some time in the past 5-7 days, I would click on armorgames.com and get instantly redirected to one of those "your PC may be infected!!" popups that's one of those obviously fake 'ersonal virus protection' software downloads. I wouldn't mind it, I wouldn't care, I'd treat it like I treat that Cursor Mania popup and just ignore it... but it closes my active windows when the link opens!

Sometimes it happens when I open the armorgames.com homepage... sometimes it happens when I click on certain games (most often with Mini Defense, not sure if that counts for anything) ...and sometimes it happens when I click on my profile. Normally, I wouldn't post something this simple on a community forum, but it is ONLY occuring with armorgames.com and no other websites.

I've tried updating virus and spyware protection, I've tried scanning my computer multiple times... I've tried everything I can think of. Now I turn it over to you. Is anyone else experiencing this? Can it be stopped? I wanna play more games.

• 70 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Wow! Sounds serious there... are you sure it's not your computer that's infected with a virus then?
I have never had any problems with malware before, but this sounds like a virus that opens a new window as soon as you use the armorgames.com adress...

Could also very well be me talking jibberish again... :S

Hope a computer-tech finds this question and can help you with it!

vRxShoCkWaVe
vRxShoCkWaVe
23 posts
Nomad

I had the same problem. I just downloaded Firefox and the problem stopped. You may also want to download avast! and run a scan for any viruses, I found several after the incident.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I've tried updating virus and spyware protection, I've tried scanning my computer multiple times... I've tried everything I can think of. Now I turn it over to you. Is anyone else experiencing this? Can it be stopped? I wanna play more games.

I've tried to no success since there's nothing to be found on my computer so I've forsaken Internet Explorer completely.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I've tried to no success since there's nothing to be found on my computer so I've forsaken Internet Explorer completely.

Wait, hold on... you're telling me it's the Explorer that's doing all this junk to him? o_O

Bummer, that means I could get the same problem too in the (near) future... *scary look* ...since I'm using Explorer as well... crap!

At least Windows is giving the consumers a choice now (finally) on what browser they can use... :/
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I had that happen once in School, and i regularly use FF so it generated some adrenaline.

looks just like the XP My Computer window too.

Dumb ads.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

since I'm using Explorer as well

I suggest you switch to Firefox.

I guess the reason why I have never encountered anything such as this, is because I was using Firefox right from the start.
CGormPharmD
CGormPharmD
9 posts
Peasant

Thanks for the help. Firefox seems to be the way to avoid the problem, but hopefully someone can find a means to prevent it in the first place. Sorry to repost the same topic, mrtim.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

the best av out there is ESET NOD 32

yay i have that.

once you see this you HAVE the virus

kind-of, sort-of, doubting this but not completely.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

If this is a virus (stated by computerkurt) then I really love my Panda Virus Software!!!

Never had this problem and it must be because I use Panda then... YaY! =D

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

From what you are describing, it sounds like some sort of advertisement... although AG would not purposefully post an ad like that. I will pass this on and let the administration know that some people are experiencing this. Perhaps the ad company let a few unapproved ones by.

ajmco
ajmco
5 posts
Nomad

i mean i scan my cpu 4 times a day but still started getting that starting 5 days prior to now

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

here's a pic of it

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/fake.jpg

here's my my computer

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/myC.jpg

best way to get out is to alt-F4 it.

1 posts
Nomad

i got the virus thing too. my sister was on the computer before i was awake and decided to exit and press okay. i had to do system restore to get rid of the virus >

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

I also get this popup on my other computer. but my laptop seems to not get it. i dont think you get a virus from it, i think its cuz of the brand of protection software. But that probly isnt the problem.

CGormPharmD
CGormPharmD
9 posts
Peasant

The one that I was getting was different from the one pictured above by Graham, but similar in nature. The address began with the same "91.212.127." with the final numbers being different.

A quick google-ing told me it was a fake program, but apparently some virus protection software doesn't pick up on it (I was using McAfee, which didn't find it in a scan or attempt to prevent it from popping up). I switched to FireFox from Internet Explorer and the problem hasn't happened since.

Showing 1-15 of 70