Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How young is too young?

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 11:52pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Though to be honest, a lot of people on this thread seem like they overestimate their maturity by a LOT. Either directly or indirectly, they give away the fact that they believe themselves to be more mature than some people older than them. Egotism is a sign of immaturity, people... Well, that and *** hattery.

Posted Apr 15, '08 at 2:43am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Well, yes, I picked up on this just a little myself, so let's introduce another factor: experience.

Specifically, experience as the most direct form of knowledge acquisition. How important do you think this is to 'maturity', and how would this be reflected by one's age?

Posted Apr 16, '08 at 12:23am

garifu

garifu

172 posts

I'd like to point out, within the experience category, that you won't know what it means until you have it (experience, that is), so saying it doesn't matter is really saying "I have little of it". In fact, you may not really understand that comment until you are wise enough to do so. That's my opinion on it, anyway.

In spite of that, not everyone learns and grows from experience, so to simply say you have it doesn't mean you have matured.

Posted Apr 16, '08 at 2:49am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Bing! Ten points to garifu for that comment...the corollary of which is that as you mature, your perspective on what maturity is will also change.

That is to say, you should gain an appreciation on what it means, and how you relate to the term.

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 5:07pm

opentotruth

opentotruth

510 posts

i feel that some are mature before 18 but i do think 18 is a bit high to be considered a adult. even so even turning 18 you still cannot drink for 3 more years. it doesnt make to much sense