ForumsArt, Music, and WritingConcept Art

39 9303
rytherix
rytherix
68 posts
Nomad

Does anyone draw shitloads of concept art when designing and developing new games. I know I do =P

• 39 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

What's FBF, Strop?

Also, I'm still confused as to what qualifies as concept art.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I would imagine concept art would entail anything that displays a concept while utilizing some sort of art .

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

*wonders why moderators are more prone to spamming in the art forum* Seriously, I flagged that one, Flipski...

But okay. I can find something then...
I know this thread started out being about concept art for games, but... Meh. If it's used for pen&ampaper roleplay, it counts too?

Nenchisses
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/th_Nenchiss-ref.jpg
Click for full view.

I was designing a specie, so doodled a lot of shots of them down~

Rollie
Rollie
12 posts
Nomad

That's not half bad art strop, even though furry isn't my thing, but can you animate that in flash? Importing various images for animating can lag the game, but drawing and shading in vector is a different thing all over.

Also, the shading is hand drawn in photoshop too, it's not a dynamic engine shading. This is for a flash game.

Rollie
Rollie
12 posts
Nomad

Ack, wrong thread. Nice creatures Zophia, I'm always trying to think up new ones, for this game is set in an alien amazon jungle.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ack, wrong thread. Nice creatures Zophia, I'm always trying to think up new ones, for this game is set in an alien amazon jungle.
Sounds just like something I'd like to take a closer look at~
And thank you.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Furthermore I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to post the full concept sketching process from start to finish. You could say that the image I posted was...hm, it was a byproduct of the 3rd draft.

Zophia:

FBF = Frame-by-frame i.e. the way we've been drawing our .gifs, as opposed to tweening. I have a strong preference for this kind of animation.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Rollie, to quote myself:

I obviously wouldn't be able to draw her like this in the game as it would take me years to get even a single scene of FBF done.

I don't have flash yet so I have no idea how it will look in vector. I wouldn't dare think of importing the images either as I imagine that the game I'm using will involve a fair amount of camera-scripting (another "on the to-do list" item), so naturally I assume I will redraw from scratch when the time comes.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@Strop:
Ah, right. Memory fail on my part.

This all reminds me off some game graphics I'm supposed to be working on.... [lazy]

Showing 31-39 of 39