Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Concept Art

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 12:51am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Also I think posting concepts here would be an excellent idea!

Here's a character concept, done in Open Canvas.

OMG TOMB RAIDER!? :D

Concept as some features are exaggerated and will require refining. I obviously wouldn't be able to draw her like this in the game as it would take me years to get even a single scene of FBF done.

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 7:28am

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

What's FBF, Strop?

Also, I'm still confused as to what qualifies as concept art.

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 12:52pm

Flipski

Flipski

639 posts

I would imagine concept art would entail anything that displays a concept while utilizing some sort of art .

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 2:10pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

*wonders why moderators are more prone to spamming in the art forum* Seriously, I flagged that one, Flipski...

But okay. I can find something then...
I know this thread started out being about concept art for games, but... Meh. If it's used for pen&paper roleplay, it counts too?

Nenchisses
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/th_Nenchiss-ref.jpg
Click for full view.

I was designing a specie, so doodled a lot of shots of them down~

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 6:32pm

Rollie

Rollie

12 posts

That's not half bad art strop, even though furry isn't my thing, but can you animate that in flash? Importing various images for animating can lag the game, but drawing and shading in vector is a different thing all over.

Also, the shading is hand drawn in photoshop too, it's not a dynamic engine shading. This is for a flash game.

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 6:35pm

Rollie

Rollie

12 posts

Ack, wrong thread. Nice creatures Zophia, I'm always trying to think up new ones, for this game is set in an alien amazon jungle.

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 7:39pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

Ack, wrong thread. Nice creatures Zophia, I'm always trying to think up new ones, for this game is set in an alien amazon jungle.

Sounds just like something I'd like to take a closer look at~
And thank you.

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 9:44pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Furthermore I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to post the full concept sketching process from start to finish. You could say that the image I posted was...hm, it was a byproduct of the 3rd draft.

Zophia:

FBF = Frame-by-frame i.e. the way we've been drawing our .gifs, as opposed to tweening. I have a strong preference for this kind of animation.

Posted Nov 7, '08 at 9:46pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Rollie, to quote myself:

I obviously wouldn't be able to draw her like this in the game as it would take me years to get even a single scene of FBF done.

I don't have flash yet so I have no idea how it will look in vector. I wouldn't dare think of importing the images either as I imagine that the game I'm using will involve a fair amount of camera-scripting (another "on the to-do list" item), so naturally I assume I will redraw from scratch when the time comes.

Posted Nov 8, '08 at 8:20am

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

@Strop:
Ah, right. Memory fail on my part.

This all reminds me off some game graphics I'm supposed to be working on.... [lazy]

Reply to Concept Art

You must be logged in to post a reply!