ForumsPopular Media[req] CRBWC 2010: The Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

789 164364
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Since I have been moderating the "Metal Bands World Cup" with a lot of fun,
it gave me an idea...

Why not do the same for the 'Classic Rock Bands' from all over the world?!

So, with credits to Agent_AAS for giving me the idea, here it is!!!

Ladieeeeeeees aaaaaaaaaaand gentlemeeeeeeeeen, we proudly present to you, the

The format of this World Cup for Classical Rock Bands is based upon the organisation schematics
of the Soccer World Cup, same as the "Metal Bands World Cup" was made. It has the same rules
as the Soccer Cup in terms of proceeding through, but it will follow a few rules of its own too.
To elaborate the >binding rules< for this competition:

# The Group stage:
-There will be 8 different groups presented in the thread, one at a time, and each group will
be consisting of 5 Classical Rock Bands that will be pre-selected by me or one of the co-mods.
-Every user of Armor Games has the power to give one point with one vote for one band only.
So you only get to vote for one band in a group, no double voting for a single band or
voting for more than one band per group. No exceptions will be made in this matter.
-When one of the bands in a particular group reaches the 10 points limit, the voting for that
group is over and that group will be closed for voting by me or one of the co-mods. Both the
'group winner' and the 'runner up' band will proceed to the knockout stage of this World Cup.
-If two bands will reach the 10 points limit at the same time in a group, the band that reached
the 10 points limit first, will automatically be declared 'group winner' and the band that
reached the 10 points limit secondly, will automatically be declared 'runner up'.
This rule also applies for the second place in the group. If two bands reach a similar point
count for second place at the same time, the band reaching this point count first, will then
automatically be declared 'runner up'. Remaining bands will be eliminated of the competition.
Again, no discussions about the outcome are allowed, should this situation occur in a group.

The Knockout Stage:
-After completing the Group stage, the 'group winner' of the first group will be up against the
'runner up' of the second group. The 'group winner' of the second group will be up against the
'runner up' of the first group. This scedule will be followed for the rest, to clarify:
#1 Group A vs. #2 Group B (Winning band is called 'Winner I'
#1 Group B vs. #2 Group A (Winning band is called 'Winner II'
#1 Group C vs. #2 Group D (Winning band is called 'Winner III'
#1 Group D vs. #2 Group C (Winning band is called 'Winner IV'
#1 Group E vs. #2 Group F (Winning band is called 'Winner V'
#1 Group F vs. #2 Group E (Winning band is called 'Winner VI'
#1 Group G vs. #2 Group H (Winning band is called 'Winner VII'
#1 Group H vs. #2 Group G (Winning band is called 'Winner VIII'
-Like in the famous 'Battle of the Bands thread', you (again) get to vote once for one band only.
-When one of the bands in this knockout battle reaches the limit of 10 points first, that band is
declared the winner of the match and will proceed to the next stage in the competition.

The 1/4 Finals:
-The next stage, the 1/4 finals, will be held in this order:
# Winner I vs. Winner V
# Winner II vs. Winner VI
# Winner III vs. Winner VII
# Winner IV vs. Winner VIII
-When one of the bands in these 1/4 final battles reaches the limit of 10 points first, that band
is declared the winner of the match and will proceed to the next stage in the competition.

The Semi Finals:
-The semi finals will be held in the order of:
# Winner I/V vs. Winner II/VI
# Winner III/VII vs. Winner IV/VIII
-When one of the bands in these Semi Finals battles reaches the limit of 10 points first, that
band is declared the winner of the match and will proceed to the next stage in the competition.

The 'Shadow Final':
-A number three and four is decided in a match between both 'losing' bands from the semi finals.
Again, the ranking of third and fourth place in this Final is decided upon the band that reaches
the 10 points limit first.

The Final match:
-The Final match is held between both winning bands from the semi finals.
-When one of the bands in the Final reaches the limit of 10 points first, that band is declared
the winner of the competition and is crowned The 'CRBWC' Champion 2010.
-The remaining band is ranked #2 in this competition.

# Further rules for this competition:
-You can only vote once per group and only once per knockout battle
-You are obligated to give a good reasoning on why you choose the band to get your vote.
('They are the best' or 'I like them' is not accepted as a reasoning.)
-There will be NO playoffs held in this competition.
-You don't get to complain when 'your band' is eliminated from the competition.
-Swearing and obscene language is not tolerated. Always respect the opinion(s) of the other users
participating in this thread, even if you disagree on their reasoning.
-The 'Armor Games Community Forum Rules and Regulations' and the 'Battle of the ... Thread Rules'
are to be followed for this 'Classic Rock Bands World Cup'. They will be referred to when needed.
You can find them here:
Armor Games Community Forum Rules and Regulations
Battle of the ... Thread Rules
-'CRBWC'-Moderators: Besides me, there will be 2 persons who will help me moderate this thread.
You can always ask us for help in this thread:
MrDayCee
goumas13
Agent_AAS

>>> Attention! Official AG Administrators and Moderators will always have a binding word!<<<

I hope the AG users will like and participate in this 'Classic Rock Bands World Cup'! So... ENJOY!!!

• 789 Replies
Showing 1141-1140 of 789